Gr8tone99, Both Buyer and Seller in Mastic Beach, NY

Looking for a rambler or a home with a BR on the main floor with 2 acres, would be great. Husband will commute to DC. Any ideas?

Asked by Gr8tone99, Mastic Beach, NY Tue Dec 11, 2012

Need rambler or home that can be accessed easily by wheelchair, or remodeled easily. $400,000. is mortgage budget. doesn't matter how many bedrooms. How does the market look now?

Answers

7
If you're looking for a rambler or another home with a main level BR and would like an easy commute to DC - your best bet is Lovettsville. This is a charming area in the northern section of Loudoun County, which borders the Potomac River and is just minutes from both the Brunswick and Point of Rocks, Maryland MARC commuter train station to DC.

Lovettsville gives you the best of both worlds - easy access to DC on the MARC train and the beautiful rolling hills that comprise horse and wine country. There are so many things to do near Lovettsville, with it's close proximity to Frederick, MD, Harpers Ferry, WV and Leesburg, VA. These are great destinations for unique dining experiences, shopping, outdoor recreation and wine tours.

If you'd like to learn more about the market in Loudoun County, feel free to reach out. I also have helpful information and a home search tool on my website at both MyLoudounAgent.com and MattShultzHomes.com.

Matt Shultz
REALTORĀ®
Cell: (703) 300-0367
Office: (703) 669-0099
Fax: (703) 669-4104

50 Catoctin Circle NE
Suite 101
Leesburg, VA 20176

Licensed in Virginia

Matthew Shultz

Visit my website at: http://www.MattShultzHomes.com

"Like" my Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/MattShultzHomes
Once you look for that price range and home details you will be commuting a good way to the city, which unless you leave early to beat the traffic will take time and tolls...
In the northern VA area, any house on two acres is practically unheard of, especially if your husband is commuting into DC everyday.
To get two acres,you would need to look in the Round Hill, Purceville, Lovettsville area. Those areas are about 40 miles from DC. Expecailly keeping in the 400K range. I have a past client that commutes from WVA everyday into DC. I live in Leesburg and certainly know the area.
Call my cell at 571-332-4428 or email me at joe@joesellsloudoun.com and I would be willing to help you. I"ve been an agent for 10+ years and have lived in Virginia since 1979.
Gr8tone99,
I live in King George, Va about an south of DC. I know where there is a house that meets your needs for 224k. Please feel free to contact me and we can talk in greater detail.
Another factor in determining what area you would like to live in would be the maximum commuting distance that you wish to consider. Mary Kay Capasso
What city are you most interested in living. My #757.809-2525. Call to discuss. Thanks
This area's market is active and what you describe is something that we should be able to find. There will not be as many homes with the main floor bedroom, but once you talk with me or another agent, the details can be fine turned to fit your criteria. I would be happy to help you if you are interested. My phone number is 703 609-1470 and email address is marykay@teamregency.com. I am a REMAX agent and you can do home searches on my website which is http://www.mkcapasso.com. Mary Kay Capasso