Roiguy, Home Buyer in Gardnerville, NV

Looking at purchasing a rental unit. Where do most tenants in Gartnerville work? I noticed lots of For Rent signs up. What are LT rental prospects?

Asked by Roiguy, Gardnerville, NV Thu Jul 12, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Nevada/Gardnerville/sold/1000145…

Answers

3
I manage rental homes in Gardnerville and never do I have a vacancy longer then 1 month depending upon the time for year. Most of my tenants are from Carson Valley Inn and or Forest Service employees. They make great tenants and take care of the homes.
If you need help please feel free to give me a call.
There are two factors driving the rental market in Carson Valley. the biggest of which is the large amount to short sales and foreclosures. Families moving out of short sale and foreclosure home need to move into rentals and that is keeping the rental market strong.

As for employment, there are several sources, GE, Starbucks, local retail and service industries like insurance and auto repair. we also have a large amount if residents who travel out of the valley for employment in Lake Tahoe and Carson City.

Let us know if we can help further.

Lisa Wetzel and Jim Valentine
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410
775-781-5472
The largest employers in the Carson Valley are GE and Starbucks. However, many people commute to Carson City, Tahoe and Reno for work. The long term residential rental market is strong in the Carson Valley, as long as your are talking single family homes and not multi-family. Like the rest of the Country we have had a large number of foreclosures and short sales. My experience has been that the families that have lost their homes to foreclosures and short sale prefer to live in single family detached homes. Even though their credit scores may not show it, many of these families are getting back on their feet and need homes to rent. They have been home owners in the past and often make excellent tenants.
Thanks William. It is a duplex, though is priced pretty aggressively.
Flag Thu Jul 12, 2012