Mark Sutherl…, Home Buyer in Scotland UK

Living in Scotland UK and looking to invest in rental property. Can anyone advise me of the current state of?

Asked by Mark Sutherland, Scotland UK Sun Jan 13, 2008

the rental market, and answer why there are so many properties up for sale with sitting tennents, if the loans are covered by the rental income - especially in the Rochester area?

Answers

5
Hi Mark. Where are you in Scotland? My husband is from Glasgow and we live in Rochester. There are all kind of reasons why there are so many properties available. Bad money management and property management are probably the biggest culprits. Landlords pulling all of the equity out of a property to fund other projects that then have a vacancy or two that they didn't put aside a reserve fund for. That doesn't mean there aren't tons of great properties in Rochester that you can make $ on. Check out the link below about Rochester's Cash Flow opportunities....there are neighborhoods with good, low vacancy rates and of course, those that are a little trickier...Be glad to talk with you further...Gail Smith
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 25, 2009
Hi Mark, I am a residential real estate appraiser in Rochester, NY, and I am also a licensed realtor and would be happy to help you find and/ or value properties in this area. Real estate in this area tends to be pretty low when compared to other urban areas. There are some areas that are more expensive, but then, of course, your investments would have a higher profit in those areas. In addition, Rochester has quite a few colleges and universities and properties in those areas often bring in higher rental profits as well. I'd be happy to discuss this with you further. Please email me at csinger.rochester.rr.com.
Craig Singer
Singer Appraisals
Rochester, NY USA
Rental properties in the right price range(monthly rent), proximity and features will be the deciding factor of any investment in income properties. Along with bad management, bad planning and in come cases...greed. After dealing with several out of state and international buyers, I have developed a list of questions and requirements to answer. If you'ld like me to send you a copy, just email:

Tod Myers
CENTURY 21 Capital
Tod@MyRochesterAgent.com
Go to HudNYS.com - New York's most up-to-date website for HUD Forclosure Home Information. New listings are posted every Friday and availability is updated daily.

RE/MAX Advance is proud to be HUD's Listing Broker for several NY counties. Jennifer Isaac and Bob Weston service the contract with almost 30 years combined experience as licensed Sales Associates. Jennifer has specialized in HUD and foreclosure sales for the past 11 years.

Our experience, connections and dedication to customer satisfaction, provide a level of service you simply can't find anywhere else.

We have licensed specialists throughout 17 counties in New York. Call today to be connected with a professional in your area.

Visit our Resource Center for helpful links to attorneys, bankers and other HUD-experienced professionals to ensure a smooth, timely transaction.
Web Reference: http://www.hudnys.com/
The answer to your question is - It Depends. - On the type of investment property that you are interested in investing in and the amount of money that you are willing to invest. There are various properties and strategies that make sense and can be either profitable short or long term.
More detail can be had Via direct e-mail and more specific questions and answers.
Contact me ant anytime and I can help shed some light on the subject.

Jim