Reshma, Other/Just Looking in Massachusetts

Leaving Shrewsbury, MA?

Asked by Reshma, Massachusetts Fri Mar 21, 2008

Why are so many houses on the market in Shrewsbury, MA? Is something wrong with the city? School system not good? What's going on? Need advice! Are there good family oriented towns in Metro West?

Answers

2
Shrewsbury is one the most well managed towns in Worcester County. According to Money magzine its ranked 58th in the "best small towns to live". If you check out the school system(MCAS scores) I believe you will find it to meet you needs. Shrewsbury has it's own cable and electric company, with great rates and top of the line service. I've been here for 9+ years and I love it. I would recommend Shrewbury to any person looking for a well structured town, school system, and housing values. If your interested in receiving more information please email me and I'll be glad to forward the additional information.
My sister used to live with her two young children in Shrewsbury from 1992-2000, when she finally left and moved to Cape Cod (Dennis). After a couple of years, she put her kids into the Fay School in Shrewsbury partly for educational reasons, but also (to be honest) because she was a single parent and found herself paying for too much childcare. Try Franklin, Acton, etc.