Fred, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Land in Elkhorn

Asked by Fred, New York, NY Tue Apr 29, 2008

am interested in learning about current asking prices for land in Elkhorn on or near the golf course, in particular the Twin Creeks subdivision. if any recent sales data is available would appreciate the range of recent closings. also, any insight into current construction cost per square foot for single family would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Answers

1
Hello Fred, There are currently 13 vacant land lots available for sale in Elkhorn. The prices vary between $675,000. for an .68 acre lot on Elkhorn road to $1,395,000 for 2.34 acre lot in Twin Creeks (only currently available lot in that subdivision). In the past two years 6 lots have changed hands in Elkhorn, with listing price between $ 675,000 to $ 1,595,000. One lot that sold in Twin Creeks in 2006 was listed for $675,000. Since July 2008 we will have an obligation to disclose selling price, currently we can guess that the actual selling price was 5-10% lower than asking. I will be happy to e-mail you the statistics, please e-mail me a request at annasvidgal@cox.net or call (208)309-2081. Funny that you should ask about construction costs, and I can give you an example. My husband happens to be an architect in Sun Valley and has designed few larger homes in Elkhorn. So one of the homes just sold on Elkhorn Road for $544.78 /sq.ft. It was a 6700sq. ft. home, 5 b 6 ba, 3 car, for $3,650,000. At the time of construction it cost just over $300 per sq ft to built, very nice quality home. Today it will cost about $400 to build a house like that. But of course it all depends on options and budget one has and again, all builders are not same. You are welcome to look him up online at http://www.eddysvidgalarchitects.com or call him about construction costs at (208) 726-1014. I hope this was helpful.