Market Conditions in Boone>Question Details

Richard, Home Owner in Boone, NC

Kalmia Acres in Boone seems to have a lot of houses for sale beyond the end of state maintenance. Will the state ever take over this steep road?

Asked by Richard, Boone, NC Sun Sep 18, 2011

Answers

2
I don't think the steepness is the concern, they have road much steeper for which they maintain. It is my belief that the state would not currently consider this and probably not in the near future as well. The state has no money and is not likely to add on additional responsibilities to their current overloaded plate. That being said, I have seen politicians make dumb decisions before. It might not hurt to have a conversation with the local DOT office.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
We have a homeowner's association with very reasonable dues that just paid to have the upper part of the road repaired (repaved). The HO has money to have the road cleared every time it snows, so although I live on the steeper part, I have always been able to get out safely. If you want your driveway cleared, the same person who clears the road will do so for a very reasonable fee. Kalmia is a fantastic neighborhood.