Market Conditions in Rolla>Question Details

Dozier, Home Buyer in 09012

July home buying market

Asked by Dozier, 09012 Sat Apr 5, 2008

I've heard that home buying is seasonal. We are moving to Missouri (Rolla) in July and would like to purchase a house fairly quickly. How aggressive of an environment should we expect to find?
LE

Answers

2
Ms. Lee,
Thank you for your quick response and your generous networking offer, and advice. We have already located an agent from a trusted source, so we are set there. Getting the "university" spin on the market gets us set in the right frame of mind. Thanks again! Ellie
Rolla is a University town and parents of students might be buying (and renting) housing now. If a house has not sold and has been on the market for an extended period of time you should have a fairly strong negotiating stance. If it hasn't sold or rented by the start of school many owners are fearful they will have the property through the fall and winter to the following spring. You will have more power if you have your financing in place and no other property to sell (from your last location). I'm a member of the Women's Council of REALTORS (nationally and for Missouri) and a CRS (Certified Residential Specialist). I know several really good REALTORS you could work with in Rolla. I recommend you talk with more than one to see which one you would enjoy working with. Please contact me and I'll send you their information (I'm in Columbia, MO).
Trisha Lee REMAX Boone Realty, Columbia MO
(573) 999-1000, email TrishaLee@Remax.net
Web Reference: http://www.TalkToTrisha.com