wriz, Home Buyer in Thousand Oaks, CA

Is this property worth the price? I mean 1606 Campbell ave in Thousand Oaks, ca 91360

Asked by wriz, Thousand Oaks, CA Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

4
Barry Shapiro’s answer
Hello again Wriz:
As mentioned yesterday, "don't expect this one to last long on the market, as there is a pent-up demand of Buyers looking for an Eichler." ---- This particular Eichler is now under contract as of today (in escrow, with Back-Up/Contingent status)... We will not know for maybe another 30-45 days as to what price this one sells at.
While this home does have great appeal because of its unique architectural design and popularity, if you are looking at specifics of the home based upon square footage, lot size, number of rooms, what upgrades have been done, etc. then I would venture to look at others in the area.

Having looked at comparable sales and pending sales since the first of the year (and the prices of similar homes; see: 1836 Marian Ave) then the price of this particular home is above what it should be listed.

Having said that, as it is with everything in the marketplace, the cost of something is determined by the price of which a buyer is willing to pay. So if someone purchases this home at $675,000, then it is worth the price.

If you have any questions or would like further assistance, please contact me at your leisure.

Happy Easter!

Tammy Hunt
Nelson Shelton & Associates
310.990.9005
http://www.tammyhunt.com
If one understands and appreciates the unique architecture of this home (and tract of homes in Thousand Oaks) then I would suppose it is "worth the price" --- don't expect this one to last long on the market, as there is a pent-up demand of Buyers looking for an Eichler.
Mid-century modern Eichler homes were designed by Claude Oakland. The Center Atrium model brings nature into home environment. Multi-purpose open floorplan. Post-and-beam construction w/natural redwood ceilings. Large private yard backs to open space. Located on cul de sac. - - Eichler homes are from Modernist architecture that has come to be known as California Modern, & typically feature glass walls, post-and-beam construction & open floorplans. Eichler exteriors feature flat or low-sloping roofs, vertical siding & spartan facades with geometric lines. One of Eichler's signature concepts was to Bring the Outside In, achieved via skylights and floor-to-ceiling glass windows looking out on protected gardens, patios, and pools. The homes had numerous unorthodox features, incl. post-and-beam construction, sliding doors and cabinets plus a standard 2nd bathroom. The famous Eichler atrium offers an entrance foyer designed to further advance the concept of integrating indoor/outdoor spaces. I live in an Eichler, so the value is in the feeling you get while enjoying it's unique attributes.
This is an Eichler home with unique design and construction. The same model with new kitchen and baths and a solar system sold for $725,000 in Jan. 2012. Call me if you are interested in this property. 805-368-8626
Web Reference: http://ConnieRinaldi.com