Petpaq86, Home Buyer in Greenwich, CT

Is this property impacted by the airport? It looks like it would be, as it's very close... Thank you..

Asked by Petpaq86, Greenwich, CT Mon Dec 31, 2012

This question was asked from…

Laura Feghali’s answer
Yes, this property would hear some airplane traffic noise as it is very near the Westchester County airport. Please, note that this home is not currently for sale.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Laura, Thanks for your reply - and confirmation of what I suspected.
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
As everyone else has answered, this lovely home is not available at this time as it is rented. But it will be on the market after the rental as the owners would like very much o sell in the future. If you would like me to keep in touch concerning when this home does become available i would be only to happy to let you know. Also, you may also wish to consider buying with the renter in place for awhile, rates are very attractive. This property is not in the flight patterns. But as staed below many homes are impacted by many factors. This home is wonderful and built to great standards.
Please email me if you wish me to monitor for you.
Thank you
Happy New Year. As stated by others, this property is no longer available. It was rented in the last days of 2012. It is a beautiful home and property, completely updated and has a great floorplan. The airport does play a factor in living in many parts of Greenwich, not just properties close to the airport. If airport noise is a concern, you should make sure the agent you work with is aware of this so she/he can guide you to the right properties for you and your family.

Best for the New Year. Peace in 2013. Karen S. Oztemel 201-921-8490

Lee Prince is right this is a lovely property with pool, stable etc. In certain parts of Greenwich you hear planes. In other parts of town you hear I 95, The Merritt Parkway or the railroad. And is most cases while you might hear some sound outside you seldom hear it in the house itself.

This link should bring you to a map that shows the routes in and out of the airport:…

As a rule, I always encourage folks to see a house before ruling it out.

Best of luck, Greenwich is a great place to live.
Jay Cooke
Well some Realtors already told you that the home is rented and not for sale anymore, so I am assuming they know. As for your question of airplane noise, if you are located near a large city, a highway or an airport of any size, you will hear traffic noise, it is inevitable. What you want to may be
make sure is whether the airplanes fly really low before landing over the particular neighborhood/streets you may be interested in buying a property, therefore drive to the area, when
most airplanes land whatever that busy time of the day is, and get a feel for it. See how low they
come in and how much noise and vibration they create...

This is at least my recommendation when it comes to figuring out the noise in a certain area.....
And remember what a lot of noise is for one is not much for another, so you really need to do your
own research. The above is always my recommendation to my buyers when they worry about
noise. But I agree airplanes landing and flying low over certain homes can cause vibration besides
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ----
Check out my website at htttp://
This is a beautiful house with tons of space. It is in a somehat rural neighborhood and is near the airport It is near the New York border, so very convenient if you fly or work in Armonk, White Plains or like a country atmosphere. In the area is the town owned golf course, the Brunswick School's middle school for boys, Convent of the Sacred Heart, a girls' private school , a farmers' market, Fairview Country Club and Tamarack Country Club as well as Tudor Investments and some other businesses. I-684 is also nearby.

The house is in beautiful condition .

Good luck with your search.

Lee Prince, Prudential Ct Realty
Thanks for the reply. I got plenty of info on the property. First, it's currently being rented, so it's off the market. Secondly, it's so close to the airport that it's definitely impacted by the airplne noise. Thanks for all the information and for replying.
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
The home was rented last week and is no longer available. However, in answer to your question, there would be so aircraft noise at that location.