Market Conditions in Chicago>Question Details

damlee, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

Is this a good time to invest in the real estate market?

Asked by damlee, Chicago, IL Sun Sep 30, 2012

Answers

23
It is a good time to be an investor in the Real Estate Market. A confluence of low home prices, historically low interest rates and increased demand for rentals (highest prices in years) have created an environment where an investor can find a cash flowing property with little effort.
Yes its a Great Time to Buy. I have never seen prices this low on Homes in the last 30 Years and there is a GREAT SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM.. Also the interest rates are at an all time LOW 3.5%. Hurry and buy befrore the prices go up and the interest rate rises. Call me at 773-239-9400 Gerald Brown
Hello Damlee,

I believe it is. you have super low interest rates with a lot of good opportunities to invest.
YES! realize that in real estate, you make your money on the BUY PRICE. That is the key. This will dictate whether you will make or lose in any housing market.
It is an excellent time to invest in the real estate market. The home prices are low, the rates are at the lowest rate in years. Let me know if I might be able to help you with a mortgage. I have a great deal of experience working with investors and home buyers. Joanna Weiss 773-327-3580
Okay, I can honestly say that I NEVER THOUGHT I would see interest rates make history the way they have been and the way they are about to! With rates already at record lows, the Federal Reserve announced recently that it is committed to strong measures that will reduce rates ANOTHER half percent. That will mean they're practically GIVING money away!! Now, put it all together...

Real estate still available at low prices after the big bust.
Interest rates about to hit new record lows.
Tax deductions and benefits of home ownership.
Current record high rental rates.
Current record low rental inventories.

They all lead to the same conclusion. It's a very personal decision, and what's right for one is not right for all, but if there were EVER a time that buying a house was a GREAT financial move...

DING, DING, DING...NOW'S THE TIME!!
Sure -- prices are still well below what they were just a few years ago, and the rental market is stronger than ever. I don't see the rental market tailing off anytime soon -- if you have a good Realtor and you are willing to put the time in to research the market, you should be a great position to invest right now. It's a much stronger sellers' market now than it was at this time last year, so be prepared to compete with other investors for a smaller inventory...
Damlee

Real Estate is a great way of building wealth, but it is not for everyone. Generally, the time seems favorable with the percieved bottoming of the housing market, price stabilization, recovering economy, low interest rates, increasing rental rates and a propensity for the Fed to do whatever it takes to help the market.

However, one has to consider several factors such as affordability, income, assets, credit score, financing viability, likelihood of relocation, and many many more.

Whatever you decide, remember this is not a one size fits all solution, do consider your individual circumstances.

I am happy to discuss with you at your convenience.

Nick Gandhi
Equity Capital Real Estate
(203) 280 3838
Yes indeed. low interest rates and affordable prices. if you are looking to invest define your investment model and stick to it. There is money to made if you have the fortitude!

good luck
Do not hesitate, prices are a steal!

Jose Hernandez
Coldwell Banker
312-788-7079
lowest rates in 30 years, lowest prices in 10 years, biggest selection in many years, greatest city ever..
Real Estate prices and Interest Rates are at very low levels. Consumer optimism is starting to increase therefore we are seeing an uptick in certain markets. This IS a great time to be a buyer and a borrower.
To quote Warren Buffett, “If I had a way of buying a couple hundred thousand single-family homes I would load up on them.” Now is not a good time, it's a great time.
I think that 2012 will be the year to regreat not buying real estate. In the future many people will be thing....why didn't I buy in 2012?
Prices are great and mortgage rates the best ever...rule of theumb, buy low and sell high.

Chris
I still see some great offers out there but very few. One thing is for sure time is running out for investors and the profits are becoming smaller.
Why would an agent be asking this question? A better time would have been 2010 which was the statistical low point int he worst financial/real estate market since the Great Depression. It already has started to recover.
This is a Great Time to invest. The prices on homes are at an all time low. The interest rates are Low around 3.5 % and there are lots of properties to choose from. You will save a Lot of money by buying now. Please call me at 773-239-9400 if you have any Questions. I will be glad to help you. Thanks. Gerald Brown
As far as the market situation, Yes, Indeed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
This is the best time to invest in real estate. Apartment buildings in Chicago and suburbs now fallen to 2001 prices. I used to work in Chicago and what you see on the market today resembles prices of 12 years ago. In Florida we have a full blown sellers’ market, prices are going up and everyone forgot about bottom already. So do not miss your chance.
What they are saying below is true. However, the answer to this question depends upon what your financial goals are and, if you are looking at becoming a landlord, how prepared you are to be a landlord. It also depends upon the area you look in and what your outlook is for rent appreciation. Oh...and we would have to have a discussion about the pros and cons of leverage. It's largely a numbers game and a risk tolerance game.

I would be happy to discuss this with you in more detail if you call me at 312-738-0232. I've been working with several investors lately.
Web Reference: http://LucidRealty.com
This is a great time to invest in real estate. For the 1st time in years many properties will cash flow with low to moderate down payments. Prices have fallen to an 11 year low and have now bounced off the bottom.
Probably one of the best times in your lifetimes. It is relative to the type of property and area, but now is a great time. Low interest rates, affordable housing, raising rentals, has brewed up the perfect storm for a buyers market. But dont let it pass you up , a sellers market is not too far away in some areas.