Dr. Stephen…, Home Buyer in 94107

Is there is a strong seasonal variation in pricing in Philly and surrounding environs?

Asked by Dr. Stephen Hunt, 94107 Mon Mar 31, 2008

Looking to move out there from Cali in June of 2009, but wondering if I would do better to buy now vs later this year, during the winter, during the spring, or during the early summer. Mostly looking at Bala Cynwyd or University City or ?

Answers

2
Gabriel Palotas’ answer
Season Is determined by weather and money
People spend more in off season because they are board
They come to Florida
We get board with them when season is over and when they run out of money
We encourage them to go home
The next thing they want is stay down here permanently and look for work
Floridians are pretty smart they go
North instead and take their jobs that is why we have a housing boom and the highest rate of foreclosure no one works everyone is waiting for the season and the money
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Dr. Stephen, unlike the warmer climates of California, we do in fact have a seasonal slowdown every time it gets cold. As a REALTOR, as well as an investor, I find my best shopping always happens in the winter. There are always fewer buyers, and owners get anxious because activity slows down.

This of course, always means you have better negotiating terms when it is times to purchase. The only negative is that there is usually far more inventory in the spring/summer market.

If you are lookiing for a good bargain, then I would say winter is your best bet. If you want best selection, then March to July would be the best time to search.

If you have any questions about where the best place to find a home in Philadelphia or the Main Line, feel free to let me know.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.askthebigguy.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008