Byron, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

Is there any way to peruse historical values of real estate (per sq ft) by neighborhood, up to 15 yrs back?

Asked by Byron, Chicago, IL Mon Mar 9, 2009

Answers

6
Aspen Snowmass MLS records only go back the past (5) years. Some brokers may maintain there own data base but generally going back so far has little relevance for current market conditions unless one is trying to do a "trend analysis" which certainly would be useful comparing an 'Aspen Real Estate Index' to other indices like DJIA, S&P, whatever one chooses to compare it with.

The Estin Report: State of the Aspen Market goes back to 2004 and sold statistics are updated weekly in a spreadsheet format as well as property descriptions and photos.

I hope that helps.
Web Reference: http://www.EstainAspen.com
I have personal spreadsheets that date back to 2003 for the markets and micro markets from Aspen to Rifle. I would be happy to share them with you. Please call me directly at 970-925-6688. Wendy Lucas
Web Reference: http://www.wendylucas.com
I can probably help you. My spreadsheets go back about 5 years, but I have old MLS books that I can specifically look for information if you give me more specifics.

I am happy to send you the detailed spreadsheet I have for Snowmass if you send me your e-mail address.

You can reach me at mike.russo@sothebysrealty.com
Why? The value based on sales prices would be meaningless. Houses vary in age, amenities, finishes, location on the land, schools reputation and performance, proximity to necessities such as transportation and subjective influences. What possible sense could anyone make of the result of SF values?
That is a good question. I am not sure where you would get that info. Maybe a local Snowmass agent that has been working the last 20 years might remember values and price per foot.
Do you have a local neighborhood development/ improvement group? They typically track that type of information. Otherwise a real estate agent can calculate that for you.