Hemant P Sin…, Home Seller in Dumbomuse

Is there any buying selling activity in Dumbo J Condo ?

Asked by Hemant P Singh, Dumbomuse Tue Dec 18, 2007

I have had a condo for up for sale for a few months now. The RE agent holds a OH every weekend and has had man folks come in but not a single offer. The price is within the median range of the apartments class.
Any Advice as what I should do to get it sold or even rented ?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

3
Aileen-Manhattan-NYC’s answer
I believe I've been to the J condo in Dumbo. I think the problem is the neighborhood. The building, itself, is fine. From what I remember of my visit, there's a lot of people loitering around, it's next to the bridge, there isn't a good grocer w/in walking distance and there's a huge parking lot next to the building. I believe some of the surrounding buildings have been sold, so there may be some conversions or new development in the future. Try adding incentives to the buyers, buyer's brokers or to the renters. Your agent should have mentioned these incentives. If they can't, then contact me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 18, 2007
Hemant,

I apologize. More options are to lower the price and make sure it's shown well. It often comes down to "product, pitch and price".

Also, according to one database, there are presently 19 units for sale on the market and 31 for rent.
Is it on MLS? Did he email local agents. That's what I normally do.