Kdnkaty, Home Buyer in Gonzales, LA

Is there an exodus of homeowners from Pelican Point Homes in Gonzales? I own a large lot in Pelican Point and plan on building. Everytime I visit the

Asked by Kdnkaty, Gonzales, LA Fri Feb 24, 2012

subdivision I see many, many, houses for sale. What is the trend? Is there a newer and better community similar to Pelican Point.

Answers

6
I dont think so. I moved into the area last year and have observed many homes that were for sale get sold on my street. I think this subdivision got hit hard with the housing bubble. But, new construction exists and,as stated above, inventory is moving.
My realtor mentioned to me that many times people living in Pelican Point get transferred especially those high up in the PetroChemical industry.
yes, the villages, florida...totally golf cart accessible...tho nasty people....
short answer is yes! Pelican Point had several chinese sheetrock homes that went into foreclosure.
Hi.
I just saw this question...I am presently marketing a home in Pelican Point. I, too, noticed so many for sale signs in the subdivision - many after I listed the house. I have done research on the Chinese drywall theory being a reason and while it may be the case for some folks - I have read an article or 2 that some homes in Pelican Point had gotten affected - as did many other properties built at that time. I don't feel the Chinese drywall is the reason there are so many homes for sale. One can't sell their home with Chinese Drywall without disclosing it...and truly, those homes (from what I've learned) have to be gutted and rebuilt.

With that said, the idea that Gonzales is a mostly blue collar town is not the case. Actually residents who hold blue collar positions make up less than 50% of the residents. As well, it is important to say that over 75% of residents in Gonzales have, at minimum, a high school diploma. Over 75% of residents own their home. I got my information from facts that are public record. For the record, I am from Baton Rouge and live in Baton Rouge.

My professional conclusion is that there are so many homes for sale because it is the time to buy. There are over 3000 houses for sale right now in the greater baton rouge area. That figure is not including condos, town homes, land, commercial, etc..only detached single family housing. It's a buyer's market, as most folks know...so I figure the sellers are jumping on the bandwagon with the low interest rates, putting their homes on the market. Particularly for the Ascension Parish area, the new Woman's Hospital is completed and grand opening is this week - if I recall correctly. Making homes available for relocation for doctors, nurses, worker, etc.

Pelican Point is a Hot Spot in The Greater Baton Rouge Area - and popular for folks who are from New Orleans, or work in New Orleans. With all the wonderful amenities (as you are well aware of, since you have invested into a lot in the subdivision), there are a lot of folks who have money to spend - who want to live in the wonderful resort like subdivision. My clients are selling their home simply because they need to down size. The home I have listed is 4670 square feet of living area. Their home was custom built - with NO Chinese drywall. :)

So good luck to you, sir or madam...I hope you embrace and enjoy the building of your new home on your lot. I've only heard wonderful things about the community. And to answer your question - I am not aware of another newer or better community similar to Pelican Point in the Greater Baton Rouge area.
And can you also say all the Break In. That place has alot o f raciest people. But if that's your cup of Tea go right on ahead and move in Good luck with that. I was called the (N) word too many times. Really a shame if you ask me.
Flag Sat May 18, 2013
can you say Chinese sheet rock? can you say lots of foreclosures?

Gonzales is a VERY blue collar town, mostly oil plant workers.