Denny, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Is there a ratio between listing price and (final) sales price? Is there such data available?

Asked by Denny, Pittsburgh, PA Wed Jun 13, 2012

For example, homes in 15241 have sold for XX% of their listing price in the period of _____.

Answers

9
Yes, if you use exact matches for example upper St Clair is 95-97%.
Yes, as everyone mentions below there is. But, it can vary widely depending on neighborhood. An agent can easily pull up the information for you. Let me know if you would like some help!!
Web Reference: http://www.burghliving.com
There are ratios, but keep in mind these are averages. Each area and each home sale is unique. As an appraiser and an agent, I can tell you that every home has a range-of-values, not just the one value placed on it by the buyer, seller, agent or appraiser. When you find a home that you want to put a bid on, ask the Realtor to pull down comparable sales from the multi-list for you. That way, you will feel comfortable knowing you made an educated offer.
Hi Denny,
Just did a quick search to give you an idea of what is trackable! In Allegheny County in the past 6 months, the median sale price to list price percentage for residential properties is 96%. I can send you some information if it will help. Just let me know.

This information really does vary by area. If there is a specific area you are wondering about, I will pull those statistics for you.

Dan Kite, ABR, CRS, e-PRO
Northwood Realty Services
412-367-3200 Ext. 5100
412-720-KITE (5483)
Dankite@northwood.com
Denny,

Yes, list to sale price information is available for most areas. This is important information that sellers should consider when evaluating their options for selling.

A local real estate professional should be able to access this information and more for you upon request.

Best wishes,

Hi Denny,
Short answer is yes, email me your specifIcs Janice.caputo@pittsburghmoves.com
http://www.pittsburghmoves.com/janice.Caputo Call or text 412 596 6035
That data is tracked. is there a particular area that you would like to know that information for? I think it is one of the most valuable figures to consider when hiring an agent to sell your home. When priced appropriately, sellers truely get the highest price in the shortest amount of time. A high sale to original list price is what you should be looking for in an agent.
Denny,
Yes, but not something you can rely on. Each owner, along with the advice of their agent decides their own "list price strategy." List prices can be high, hoping someone will make an offer, low hoping to get multiple offers and push the price up or about right.
The best strategy as a buyer is to have a great agent show you the homes in the price point that makes sense for you and when you find one you really like, have them prepare a market analysis of similar sold homes. Your offer should reflect the market value plus your motivation to own the home. If you love the home and it's priced low, you may want to make sure your offer is good enough to win a multiple offer scenario. If you like a home, and it's priced high, a lower offer would make sense.