Diapt, Home Seller in Flushing, NY

Is there a "better season" to sell? I'm looking to relocate early next year & want to sell my co-op.

Asked by Diapt, Flushing, NY Tue May 29, 2012

Answers

7
Nida Kabbaj’s answer
While there are minor seasonal adjustments for pricing (i.e. more foot traffic and daylight during springtime than winter), historically speaking there does not appear to be any data that clearly support a more advantageous time to sell. To the extent that the writer would buy another property as part of this relocation process, then the seasonal advantages of selling the subject property would be negated by the seasonal disadvantages of having to buy another property shortly thereafter. A good Selling Agent would be able to get you the best price during any season through effective advertising, fair negotiation, and proper presentation. By the same token, a Good Buying Agent would be able to present you with the best prices through thorough research, aggressive negotiations, and due diligence.

Rather than relying on vague and convoluted "seasonal forces" it is my opinion that the seller should rely on professionals with proven track records and provable knowledge and experience towards buying and selling properties.

Nida Kabbaj
Exit Realty By The Park
Direct: 917-681-1102
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 30, 2012
Thanks for such an honest and insightful response, Nida. I greatly appreciate that. Maybe as follow up questions to the one above, since I am already getting geared on preparing my options, do you know how much realtor commissions are as well as lawyer fees? I am looking if I can "afford" to sell (or atleast see what I am against ...) given my mortgage balance and other stuff.
Flag Wed May 30, 2012
Selling a co-op can take time as with any real estate transaction. If you want to move early next year I would suggest putting your co-op up for sale now and see how it goes. Luckily the co-op market in Flushing isn't as time sensitive as other areas.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES GREEN BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 30, 2012
Thank you, Thomas. I had been wondering if it's actually to early as I'm not sure how long it usually takes to sell a co-op these days.
Flag Wed May 30, 2012
Keep in mind that buyers do exist year round, therefore sell when you are ready, and need to sell...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
If you are buying and selling in the same season, it does no matter; one will offset the other. Do what you need to do when it is the right time for you...you are in the best situation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
There are peak season when most buyers are out and looking. Usually spring till late summer.
But a lot more properties come on the market at the same time also, so you would have a lot kore competition.
I would sell before relocating. It can take 30 to 60 days to close
on a coop, after you find a buyer.
Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609
This is a good time to sell or buy so go on good luck