Tommy T, Other/Just Looking in

Is there a published list of the top brokers in Marin? If so, does it differentiate them by total transactions or value? Thanks

Asked by Tommy T, Fri Feb 15, 2013

Answers

3
Tommy,

I'm not sure of your ultimate intent, but I would also add that some of the top producing agents in Marin specialize in certain geographic areas. So even by volume or units, any comparison could be skewed. A top agent in Sausalito might have a third as many units as one in Novato, and the dollar value could easily be the same. Of course, both would possess vastly different market knowledge. That's just Marin.

If you think I can help with a recommendation, just get in touch at any time. Definitely there are some excellent agents in every town here, and likewise some who won't return your calls. I've worked with both and am happy to share my experiences from the lender side.

Rob Spinosa
415-367-5959
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
You might also modify your list because of the Agents and Teams who have been handling all the REO's for the Banks.
They might show 100 sales per month, whereas a good single Realtor will sell 3-4 per month.
It just depends upon what you're looking for.
Are you asking about brokerages or individual agent production?? Each office typically will have its top producers. The top producers are normally the top 10-20% of the agents in the office. With the average prices fluctuating significantly in different areas of Marin, dollar volume can be deceptive. Total number of transactions is a more accurate measure of an agent's activity. Market knowledge is important as well. Some agents only work in specific areas & price ranges and are not familiar with other areas and price ranges.

Hopefully this will help to answer your question!

Mary Kay and Kathy