Bobstew, Home Buyer in Apache Junction, AZ

Is there a minimum that realtors are comfortable selling? I am trying to pay cash for a 30,000 home but no realtor contacts me after I contact them?

Asked by Bobstew, Apache Junction, AZ Mon Mar 26, 2012

Answers

5
In a situation like this, don't go through an agent at all. If they don't provide a service, don't pay them! There is data out there suggesting that 10% of US real estate sales bypass agents, and up to 30% in Canada. Join them if you're unhappy. It's the free market at work.
Hello Bob,
Absolutely not - Realtors earn the majority of their income from Referrals... That being said, most Realtors would be happy to assist you with your purchase. If you were happy with their assistance you would refer that same Realtor to Friends and Family that have Real Estate needs. Please let me know if you need assistance - as I would be more than happy to help you!!
Are you calling the listing agents or trying to find your own buyers' agent? If it's the former, you've got just about zero chance of ever hearing from the listing agent on what I presume is going to be a bank owned property. Better to get your own agent and have them work on your behalf.

I am agent in Gilbert. If you'd like to contact me I can see if I can help you.

Linda
Unfortunately, it's likely that agents don't see that as a worthwhile opportunity. All transactions are different, but essentially take the same amount of work on the part of the buyer's agent. On a $30K deal an agent would likely only get $800-1,000. If you have the money you might offer to pay the agent a "success fee" of another $1-2K or so on top of the 2.8-3%. Just a thought.