Market Conditions in 04401>Question Details

Cliff S, Home Buyer in 04401

Is there a market for professional office space in nice old houses in Bangor?

Asked by Cliff S, 04401 Sun Apr 18, 2010

I am moving to Bangor and considering a large home on the outer edge of a very nice neighborhood but on a busy street. The zoning allows a business. A good location for a message or psychotherapist. If I rent a room or two, I can pay my taxes and heating costs. I would also have an office in the house, and live there as well. Except for the busy street, it is a convenient location and I love the house. How difficult would it be to find one or two renters for daytime use? What else should I consider?

Cliff S

Answers

4
there is a perfect brick house on Broadway. It needs updating but the price was 470,000.00 now is 270.000.00. I looked at the house and thought it would be perfect for what you would like to use it for.
Call dustin Smiley
ERA Dawson Bradford Co.
417 Main St
Bangor, ME 04401
Cell: (207) 449-9232
Office: (207) 947-6788
Toll Free: (800) 649-4178
E-mail: dustinsmiley@eradawson.com
Cliff,
Check out my house for sale, sounds like it would meet your needs. Residential and business space, on a busy street right in town. It was a TV repair business for over 40 yrs before I bought it and renovated it as my home. It can be used as a 2 family if desired as well. 501 Essex St. Bangor. Across from Medi-Maine medical office building. Listed with Joan Osler, Town & Country.
Carrie
I've seen it work for accountants, dentists, etc., so I don't see why not.
Great time to buy too!
...make sure it's zoned accordingly. Call me and I'll find out. 207.356.1211