Dhd, Home Buyer in Rockport, TX

Is there a certain lot elevation (above Mean Sea level) that is required to obtain flood insurance? Is elevation more important than prox to water?

Asked by Dhd, Rockport, TX Sat Jun 2, 2012

Is proximity to the water more important than elevation?

Help the community by answering this question:


Good question. Required flood insurance is identified by a flood zone map. An elevation certificate is used to certify building elevations if the building is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area. A call to your insurance agent can provide with the current information on the flood zone map and if your lot is in a flood zone. More information can also be found at http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/floodplain/nfipkeywords/ele…
If you are building a home discuss with your builder options you may have to elevate your home.
We live along the coast. Flooding is a possibility. Even if your property is NOT in a flood zone...flood insurance can provide you some peace of mind and perhaps save you from additional costs. If I can provide you additional resources, feel free to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 2, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer