Paul.lee328, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is the price fair for 747 35th Ave?

Asked by Paul.lee328, San Francisco, CA Mon May 28, 2012

Answers

7
EdithJasser YourRealtor4Life’s answer
I am not sure why you are asking the question here at Trulia, you should be working with an area, experienced Realtor as a buyer (the buyers agents services are free to you) why would you not want to take advantage of their expertise, experience and get the help for finding the right property, offering the right price in today's market and then get professional expertise in negotiating the right terms and price for YOU.....

If you need a Realtor recommendation for your area, get back to us and we will be glad to send some
recommendations your way.

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and investors alike. Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs of N. Illinois, and the fine homes of the North Shore and with my partner agents I cover all states of the US and properties worldwide.

Good Luck to you.....and have a wonderful Day
Hi Paul, you've gotten some good opinions from some of the professionals below. Now you need find an agent that has the negotiating skills to get procure the best possible price.

Best.

Tap
Dear Paul,

It does not matter if it is "fair" for today's real estate market is driven by what a buyer is willing to pay. Do you have a realtor? Your realtor should be creating a Comparable Market Analysis showing you the sale prices of comparable homes in the area. Then you can decide what price YOU want to pay and make an offer.

Sally
Hi Paul,

Here are some numbers for you.

A 4 bedroom/4 bath single family home on 832 34th Ave. sold for $1,225,000 on 01/03/12 after 61 days on the market. Square footage unavailable. It did sell for the asking price. It was built in 1922 and based on the pictures looks completely renovated.

Then we have a 2440 sq. ft. 4 bedroom/3.5 bath home on 878 35th Ave. that sold on 12/09/11 for $1,050,000 after 19 days on the market. Asking price was $989,000. Also looks completely remodeled, built in 1925.

There was also 530 34th Ave that sold for $865,000 on 01/27/12. It has 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2768 sq.ft. Asking price was $875,000.

747 35th Ave. is the only 6 bedroom home on the market in that neighborhood at the moment. There is another property listed for sale just down the street from there on 735 37th Ave. It has 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, 2800 sq.ft. Asking price $1,398,000.

Without having seen 747 35th Ave it is hard to say if the price is fair. Asking price is just that- asking.

Let me know if you have further questions or need any help with your search.
Alex Galanis
(415) 694-2986
Hello Paul,

I have seen this spectacular house twice, and it is stunning. As to its value, I would not post my thoughts on a public site about a specific houses list price. You need to work with an agent to determine what you as a buyer think it is worth by looking at comparable sales and the specifics of the property.

If you need help then please call me to arrange a face to face meeting.

I haven't visited the property, but normally speaking there would have to be some fairly extensive remodeling would be necessary in my view to account for such a leap in value. According to the listing it has been, "beautifully remodeled," but doesn't give any details. It also seems like a lot of money to be that far out.

If you are willing to spend this much money I would think you could find other options closer in to town (unless you want to be that far out). Contact info below for expert help.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
What do you mean by "fair"? This is the price the seller wants. Are you saying it's too far way from the market value?

The ultimate market value is determined by how much a willing and able buyer agrees to pay for this house under normal market conditions. Are you looking for an evaluation? What's your agent's professional opinion of value?

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com