Scott Bazan, Home Buyer in 49419

Is the housing price drop hitting lawrence as bad as the rest of the country?

Asked by Scott Bazan, 49419 Fri Feb 29, 2008

Looking at buying a house in north Lawrence and wondering about the market there?

Answers

13
Rob Lang’s answer
The source is the Lawrence MLS, which as previously stated, is not public and we as Realtors are not allowed to post the addresses of SOLD properties unless we personally SOLD them. Any of the other 239 Lawrence Realtors could verify that the number as of yesterday was 702. Today, in the past year, it was 698. Your source is Yahoo and that is not a valid source for real estate SOLD data as was proven earlier when I stated the Active listings for Lawrence and provided the website that shows that exact number of Active listings. The only way to see the accurate list of the 698 that SOLD in the past year would be to sit alongside one of the 240 Realtors while they logged in to the Lawrence MLS and searched for all the SOLDs in the past year. Laura, Lisa, and Marilyn are the other 3 Lawrence area Realtors who have answered this question. You could contact them and get the exact same number of 698 SOLD from today 12-23-11 back one year to 12-23-10. If you would have asked them yesterday, it would have been 702.
At least I sourced my answer. There are a lot of issues with yahoo data, MLS data and other. Do you mind sourcing your 702 sales number. A link to anything will work...
Okay so how many properties were sold in the past year? You said 702. Are you still sticking with that number?
Yahoo is not an accurate website as our MLS does not report it's SOLD data to them or Zillow or Trulia, etc.
Only Active listings are on the link below. We are not allowed to display SOLD properties. You are welcome to come or send a representative to my office and I will be happy to show you SOLD data from the MLS which was accurately reported in my earlier response.
Dear honest realtor -

Do you mind showing the link where 702 homes sold in Lawrence during the past year? If so, I will shut up...

Best
Clicked on the link and do not see 702 properties sold in the past year. Do you mind sending the accurate link?

Best
A few hours ago, a person stated there were nearly a 1000 homes for sale in Lawrence. This person's data must be for some state other than Kansas or is just wrong. The actual MLS shows 484 total listings for Lawrence and removing the condos and townhomes there are only 371. Anyone can verify this data by going to the link below. Any other real estate sites are outdated if they are saying any other numbers than these as of this moment.

Considering 702 such properties SOLD in the past year we have a sellers market in Lawrence KS.

Check with a real estate expert for even more info on the Lawrence Kansas real estate market.
There are now nearly a 1000 home for sale in Lawrence. It will take years for the market to clear the inventory. Many so called experts will tell you that the most basic economics of supply and demand do not apply to Lawrence - see comments from realtors below- but this is not the case. There are several real estate information sites that will illustrate the supply imbalance - it is probably best for you to check the data rather than for me to post it otherwise the "experts" will weigh in.

Best
After just finishing a BPO for a local lender, the data shows listings in the last 6 months have an average shelf life of just 38 days and prices are stable at 96% of asking price. Laura@laurachaney.com
785 865 5000
Web Reference: http://www.ChaneyRealty.com
There are about 900 properties for sale and the average monthly sales are 10 or recently less. So there is 90 month of inventory. I would say that ratio predicts much lower prices in the future.

Best
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 7, 2010
The market in North Lawrence is staying steady. The home prices here did not inflate like the coast markets did. You can still get good value for your dollar in Lawrence. I would be happy to show you some Lawrence property so that you can get a feel for what the market is like & see the wonderful home value you can get for your money. Please feel free to contact me anytime by phone or email. Marilyn Lentz (785)845-2530.