Market Conditions in 32082>Question Details

Chana, Home Buyer in 32082

Is rental property in Ponte Vedra a good investment?

Asked by Chana, 32082 Sun May 15, 2011

I am interested in purchasing forclosures for rental income. Is this currently lucrative?

Answers

2
In the words of Warren Buffett "When everyone else is saving spend and when everyone else is spending save." If you feel that an investment property is a right move for your financially then investment property could help you diversify.

When has the buying enviorment every been better? I have added a link that show a graph of rental property rate in Ponte Vedra. It will give you a snapshot over the last three years!

Jacksonville Real Estate Insider
Phillip Thompson
904-485-0408
Phillip.thompson@prunet.com
prices of rental properties have dropped alot more than rents (in fact rents have generally stabilized and even risen of late), which is the perfect equation for income properties. I am a real estate broker with a focus on real estate as an investment and own 3 investment properties for my own account in ponte vedra.

Cap rates of 6 - 8% are obtainable on solid income properties. Because income properties carry depreciation expense the after-tax returns are even more interesting compared to after-tax returns on alternative investments.

When I refer to cap rates I am not factoring in future price appreciation, just the net annual income as a % of the basis of the property (purchase price + closing costs + improvements). This is a solid return in the current investment marketplace and eventually when prices improve there is the additional capital appreciation that can add handsomely to the overall return.