Market Conditions in 44132>Question Details

Smithpg, Home Owner in 44132

Is now a good time to sell my house?

Asked by Smithpg, 44132 Mon Jan 30, 2012

Answers

4
Cash rules everything! I would have to say yes now is the time to sell with the right help or if you are looking to get a fair price for you home and looking to pick something else up with a bigger gain then you would loose from selling your home! Not everyone can do what some people can do in this business, I dont have tomany listings because i work with so many buyers! With the right help there is no telling what someone is capable of getting you for your home! I would be more then happy to meet with anyone reading this! Don't delay if you are reading this please don't hesitate to read more! @ http://rob_erney.russellrealty.com/

And please recommend me people need to stop using Realtors that just aren't on there clients side! I wouldn't be here right now licensed in two state at my age if it wasn't for what i have done for my past clients!!

http://rob_erney.russellrealty.com/
It's always a good time to sell when you need to sell and are ready to sell....
Dear Home Owner,

Great question. Depending on where your home is located and the size, it may be the perfect time to interview brokers and stage your home for a quick sale. Families with school age children often wait until the end of the school year to make their move which means they could be out looking now...

Here is a story I wrote with tips on Selling Your Home:

http://realestatescorecard.com/library/selling-your-home

Hope this helps!

Warmly,
Margie Casey
Founder
Depends.

I can't comment on your local conditions, which is obviously one major variable. You'd need a local Realtor to advise you on current conditions and possible changes in the future.

But a lot of the decision goes beyond that variable. For example, how eager are you to sell? If you're really, really eager, then (despite market conditions) this might be a good time to sell. On the other hand, if you're not highly motivated--if you're just "testing the waters"--then the odds are far less likely that now is a good time.

External factors are important. Interest rates are very, very low right now. That's an argument in favor of considering selling. They're not likely to go much lower and they'll probably go up slightly in the next year or so. But even a year from now, or two years, they're still likely to be quite good.

As for time of year (January/February versus July/August, for instance), that depends on your local market. In some markets, early spring is when the "season" begins. In other cases, it's June (after kids get out of school, allowing people to move and get their kids into a new school at the beginning of the school year). In many areas, though, it's one or the other--though houses certainly sell in the fall and winter, that's usually not the most active time of the season. A good local Realtor can tell you what the pattern is in your area.

There's also the question of the condition of your home. Buyers generally are looking for homes in really good condition. So if your home needs some maintenance and repairs, it'd probably be a better idea not to sell (or put your home on the market) until you've done those repairs.

All of those are factors to consider, and explain why the answer to your question could be either "yes" or "no."

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA