clk0905, Home Owner in Cary, NC

Is now a good time to sell a house. I am not in a position where I have to. My house is very rentable.

Asked by clk0905, Cary, NC Mon Jun 11, 2012

Answers

13
If you don't have to sell your house, then you are not strongly motivated and the house will just clog up the local inventory and sit unsold, then when you go to sell it some day down the road, people will wonder why it didn't sell this time. Don't waste your time. Selling a house is as much of a commitment on behalf of the seller as it is on the part of the Realtor to get it sold. If you're not going to be aggressive and committed to the process, don't do it.
This is a fantastic question and any Realtor you meet with should address all of your options.

There are 4 things we like to discuss with our potential clients after we make sure you have a understanding of what exactly it means to have an agent working on your behalf.

1. What would it look to sell your home? We have a flat fee option as well as traditional listing options. We walk you through your revenue versus your costs so you can see the complete picture.

2. What about a lease option? A lease option is something that is becoming more and more popular and gives the seller some security. A tenant puts down an amount of the purchase price and leases it for a predetermined time period. At the end of that lease term, the tenant can chose to buy the house at the price agreed upon at the beginning of the lease, they can renew their option, or end their lease. But it gives you time as the seller to have options.

3. We can help you rent your property, we have extensive background check process and help with all of the ins and outs of being a landlord.

4. We will help you review selling, lease options, and renting and then we will allow you to decide what is the best choice for you and your family.

Please feel free to check out our website: http://www.paramountrealtysolutions.com

You will find helpful resources and some of the marketing we have available to find the best solution for your situation.

If you have questions feel free to call,

Gabe
919.228.9421
As you can see by the plethera of answers that you have received, there are a number of factors to take into account.

The first few questions that come to mind are:

(1) If you sell, where will you go?
(2) Will you buy or rent?
(3) What is your equity position on your current home?
(4) Why are you considering selling?
(5) What is the condition of your current home?
(6) Are you motivated or just "testing the market"?
(7) If you rent your house, see #2?
(8) Have you already spoken with a lender to determine if you can even buy if you rent your current house?

Your best bet would be to interview several Realtors, so that both parties can gauge their level of comfort with the other. Keeping things superficial and asking questions through internet web sites is a start, but not the answer to developing a business plan and seriously moving forward.

I am a very focused and determined Realtor and dedicated to my clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I give them that level of service because they deserve it and they are as eqaully committed to me. It's a little intense, but then again, I'm handling millions of dollars of transactions a year, in some cases, a lifetime of savings to some people. Anything less than intense and dedicated, just wouldn't be fair to my clients.

Let me know if you would like an honest evaluation of your home and your situation. I have a lot of appointments this week, but thankfully, there are 24 hours in a day and I always leave a few hours free for sleep, but sleep is overrated, especially if I am making time for clients (lol)!

Have a great day!

John Davison
(919) 449-7721
It depends on what you intend to do next, real estate deals are not islands. If you wait for a few extra dollars on this transaction and it ends up costing $50,000 more on the next, not so good. How can that happen? Lots of ways, a major move in the interest rate if you are going to get a mortgage on the next house, etc.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
the only way to inform you of the best choice would be for me to see the condition of your home. the home is in a great location. i can make time to see your home on thurs or sat this week if you would like to have your situation evaluated.
It will depend on the market condition in your area as to whether it would be a good time to sell. You would be wise to weigh your options, to sell or rent.

You mentioned you did not have to sell but your home would be a good rental property, so I am thinking you a planning to make a change, it might be a good idea to speak with a local agent.
As has been said, it depends on your motivation. If you are moving up, it is a great time to make a move. I had no intentions on moving but found a home significantly below market value and decided to go for it. If you can get top dollar on your home and pay below market value for your next, you can end up in a strong position (and with a low interest rate).

Matt Peedin
Depends on your plans and your motivation to change the classification of your property - sold or rental. In addition, the market's perspective of your home relative to location, price and condition will play into that decision to either generate rent income versus realize your equity. If you need a free evaluation of your options to better understand or plan for either option, please give the Don Johnson Team a call.

Don Johnson
919 714-15671
So far this year the market has been quite strong, much more vibrant than last year. I believe the consensus is that it will remain so through the late summer or early fall. Traditionally spring is the "optimum" time to put a property on the market but if you are looking to purchase a new property, the current interest rates are too attractive not to take advantage of. Since this would be a move of choice, my suggestion is to go ahead and list the property and see how the market reacts, If it does not sell by mid October take it off and put it back next spring.

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to call. I will be glad to help in anyway.

Fritz Hine
Broker
Coldwell Banker HPW
919-317-4324
If you can afford to hold on to a house for rental purposes, that is a very smart thing to do, I think. Are you living in the house or is it already an investment property? If you are living there and planning to move out yet want to hold on to it, make sure you've refinanced to get a low rate while you are an owner occupant. I emphatically think owning rental property is good.

I agree with Linda Morris--if you are either downsizing or "upsizing" and you need to sell in order to do that, then sell. The market is coming back though prices were stronger at the height of the Spring market. It also depends on location as in some locations, it is definitely a seller's market and there are multiple offers.

Good luck with your decision.

Vivian Olkin, aka CrazyViv
It all depends the supply and demand. Some areas are having multiple offers vs. the other areas take forever. Hire a good and local real estate agent and give you a market overview and zero in your community. We do have a very strong relocation market this year. People are coming!

Jean
Now is a great time to sell but even better time to buy! If you are moving up, the interest rates couldn't be lower! So you may not get the highest sales price on the house you're selling, but when you buy a larger home, then you will make it up big time! With each one percent of interest rate change, you can buy $10K more or less in house!

If you would like a free market analysis, please email or call me! Lindamorris@kw.com or 919.218.8973. I would love to help you!
Now is the best the market has been in several years. I would have an Agent do a market analysis and see if it makes sense for you, I would be happy to meet with you and go over the comparable properties for you.
Michael