Chewie, Both Buyer and Seller in Chicago, IL

Is it true that appreciation rates in Salt Lake City are 18% ? In what areas?

Asked by Chewie, Chicago, IL Mon Jul 9, 2007

Answers

3
The most current info we have is for the first quarter of 2007. The average increase in Salt Lake County was 18%. Some areas of Sandy and West Valley City hit numbers above 25%, while Holladay had problems at -5.6%. The second quarter results should be available in the next couple of weeks and I expect big changes as our local market seems to be changing from a strong sellers market to a weak buyers market. Contact me by phone or e-mail and I can e-mail you the reoprts. (801)755-0490, marky@remax.net.
Just an update (Not anymore) May 26 2008. No areas in utah!
According to the Utah Association of Realtors 1st Quarter 2007 Report, Salt Lake County homes appreciated 18.21% compared to 1st Quarter 2006. Condos appreciated 25.23% comparatively. Most areas in Utah, including Cedar City -Iron County in Southern Utah have seen continued appreciation from around 10% up to the 25% referenced above.