Rachel Steig…, Other/Just Looking in Snellville, GA

Is it true that 341 River Way, Blue Ridge, listed at $950,000, actually sold for $350,000? How did that happen?!?

Asked by Rachel Steigerwalt, Snellville, GA Sat Feb 4, 2012

Answers

5
Judy Aselton’s answer
In a market like we are experiencing, it is hard to say why a property sells at such a difference in price. However, we still live in a free society and the owner has the right to accept or deny any offer made. Their may be extenuating circumstances regarding the owners that we do not have knowledge of and the sale was made at a reduced price to satisfy the need of that circumstance. Realtors are professionals and are not always at liberty to discuss their clients' decisions, but I guess the only ones who can answer your question would be the people involved in the transaction.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 4, 2012
This is a spectacular home. Originally offered with the home and guest cottage, the property was divided to sell separately. The sellers had moved to another part of the country and shortly thereafter had a tragedy within the family. They are great people. The buyers still got an absolutely fantastic home at an absolutely fantastic price. It sold outside the local multiple listing service.
Please allow me to correct part of my previous answer. The seller was not the original builder/owner. The property had changed hands prior to this final sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 4, 2012
Rachel - ain't Trulia Voices great?

I wish that everyone in this forum would ask intelligent, on point questions and get intelligent, on point answers back, every time.
To my knowledge and according to our multiple listing service, the home is still "for sale" but expired. The lower price is most likely due to the acreage now offered with the home. Please contact me if you are interested in this home as I would be happy to assist you.
Marilyn Harbin
RE/MAX Around the Mountains
Blue Ridge, GA