Renter, Renter in Cupertino, CA

Is it right time to buy a house in Cupertino?

Asked by Renter, Cupertino, CA Tue Aug 17, 2010

Answers

11
Robert Lei’s answer
It is definitely the right time to be LOOKING. As far as when is it the right time to buy, that depends on when you see the right house in the right neighborhood for YOU. Within Cupertino are many different neighborhoods. If you let me know which neighborhoods you are interested in, I can let you know the price trend.
Hi Renter

It is always a good time to buy in Cupertino, the schools are terrific, and getting better.

You should do well now, but could have done better in January.

Let me know if I can help,
Ruth and Perry
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
Hi Renter,
It is a RIGHT time to begin LOOKING at what's available and what you can purchase for your money.
If you find something that fits your budget and is what you are looking for by all means go ahead and make your purchase, but you won't know until you start looking. Hook up with a good realtor ( there are some great realtors right here who have answered your question ) who can help assist you in what to look for and will help you get the best deal available..
I can assist you if you wish with your property search and purchase, feel free to contact me with any questions.
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
DRE# 01397256
Renter:

If I were in your shoes, I'd wait a few months and do a little "bush beating", but yes, you can certainly find a great home in Cupertino even now.

If you're asking, however, if you can get a GREAT home for a ridiculously low price, I don't think there was ever a time when that was possible in Cupertino, but prices are competitve, and the market is slowing.

Again, however, depending on your price range (say $900,000 to a $1 million), I'd give it about 2 months. If you're looking for an agent who will go the extra mile to find you the great home (even those that are not currently listed), feel free to contact me.

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
Tel (408) 426-1616
Email: GraceAreaProRealty@att.net
Hello Renter,

Of course its the right time to buy now. I do see more REOs coming on the market little by little but if you see something you really like, you should go for it. If you are looking for a Realtor, we are all here to interview with you :) Good luck

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
Yes, if it is the right time for you. Interest rates are so low that if you have the ability and a secure income, now is the right time. There is no guarantee prices will not dip a bit more; no one has a crystal ball. However, we do know that interest rates will not go lower.

Cappy
Web Reference: http://www.TimelineRES.com
Hi Renter,

If Cupertino is where you want to be in the next few years, my gues for you child's education then this is a
good time to buy. Interest rates are really low, and right now there are many homes available in different
price categories. So you have to decide if you want to take this step, then get together with a Realtor who
can help you find your home.

Monica Goyal
Hi Renter, I giggled when I saw your question. 2 points

1) If Cupertino is the location then...

2) No other area can compare with it In price stability, schools and resale potential.

If anyone has proof otherwise..send it to me. I have buyers!

Michael
http://LosGatosHomesandRealEstateBlog.com
The only way an honest person can answer that questions is to suggest that it depends wholly on your wants and goals.

It is always a good time to buy good real estate.

If you first take a moment to think about where you want your life to be in 5 to 10 years, then work backwards to where you are today, it will be come clear what actions you need to take now in order to archive those goals.

Buying real estate, regardless of the quality of the deal or the timing of the market, is ONLY a good idea if it is in line with your long term goals.

So the question comes back to: what are your 5 to 10 year goals. I rather like 5 year plans because it feels more manageable to me. You need to pick a timeframe that works for you and work backwards. If your 7 year life goals are X. then where do you need to be in 5 years to archive X? Where do you need to be in 3 years? In 2 years? By next year?

See how this works?

The first step is never to meet with a Realtor such as myself or a Lender. The first step is always to ask "what are my goals."

Most real estate agents miss this point. And, that is the fact that a quality Realtor, like myself, offers no value if we push you into cookie cutter solutions that only serve to get them paid.

It is always about you first.

I hope this has helped you.

Please let me know if you would like some suggestions about how to get started with your goal setting.

Kind regards,

Louis Stone-Collonge
Realtor ®
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.facebook.com/louisrealtor
http://www.stonecollonge.com
Hi Renter,

All homes are not created equal, so this depends on what type of home you are looking to purchase, the basic details you need in your new home (Beds, Baths, Square Footage, Lot size, etc..); detached, townhome, condo; any other specific needs that you might need; and ultimately, your purchasing power.

Can you provide a bit more detail on what you are looking for.

Best, Steve
Cupertino is a highly desirable area which equals expensive, especially for a single family home. Prices and interest rates are favorable at this time. My question is .... Is this the right time for YOU to buy a house in Cupertino? Have you sat down with a mortgage consultant to determine how much you want to spend? If you'd like to contact me through my Trulia profile or my website, I will be happy to send you some listings in Cupertino. Kind regards.