Belinda Cipk…, Real Estate Pro in Ann Arbor, MI

Is it a sellers market or a buyers market??

Asked by Belinda Cipkowski, Ann Arbor, MI Tue Mar 19, 2013

Answers

8
In Metro Detroit it is by in large a sellers market all-day-long!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
It is definitely a seller's market. There is a shortage of homes on the market for sale. It has been my experience that good houses priced for today's market are selling within days with multiple offers on the property. In many cases, houses are selling for more than the list price.

Kathy Persha, Broker
GRI, CDPE, SFR, CIAS
Nextage Advanced Realty
248-930-0198
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
In many areas both in Michigan and nationwide, the tide has turned to a seller's market. All real estate is local, though, so you will want to consult with an expert in your area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
It's clear that this is a market in "transition." The answer depends on the region that is being considered. There are locations that are still experiencing a buyer's market while others have bridged the gap and see the seller with an advantage.
In the La Crosse wi area it is a sellers market.
In the communities closer to Boston the market is definately shifting to a Seller's market. I have buyers now who are constantly competing with multiple offer situations. The commities North of the city, I'm starting to see a shift toward Seller's as well. So if you are a buyer looking in the Boston area, please be competitive and patient you are one of many looking in the area with no a lot of inventory on the market right now.
In the Mystic to Westerly area the inventory of houses for sale is low, which would favor buyers. However, new construction has picked up dramatically in 2013 compared to this time last year so if you are thinking of listing your home now is the time to do it!
Belinda, I thought you are a Realtor YOU should know? Right?

Why not place this subject in the blog section of Trulia for Realtors to discuss with each other.

Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Hi Edith, Thanks for Asking! Yes I am a realtor for Community Choice Realty in Ann Arbor, and my phone is 248 991 5760, clients can call or text me anytime. This is the perfect media to begin conversation with the community about the real estate market Michigan! In our state - Michigan - median sale price jumped 34.5 % to $80,000 -2013 from $59,500-2012 a year earlier. So guess what folks! It a sellers market. Please call me at 248 991 5760 if you would like to list your home - I am a real estate agent licensed in the state of Michigan with over 10 years of experience and a top producer!....
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013