Market Conditions in 08731>Question Details

kindredsoul, Home Owner in 08731

Is it a good time to sell a home in Ocean county?

Asked by kindredsoul, 08731 Tue Dec 4, 2012

Answers

11
Leonard Dunikoski, GRI’s answer
Kindredsoul, did you decide to put your home on the market?

If not, you may have been lucky- selling prices have gone up in most towns in Ocean and Monmouth Counties.

If you text, call or email me and give me the name of your town, I'd be glad to give you a 5 month year-to-date comparison of 2013 vs 2012, including number of sales, median selling price, number of homes currently in the market, and the real estate absorption rate. That last one is important, and if you're not familiar with it I'd be glad to explain what it is and why it's important.

Len

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760

(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)

ldunikoski@dianeturton.com

http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com
If you are thinking of the spring season to list, you might want to consider listing now. There are several reasons why:
1. You will stand out now and not become part of the herd in spring.
2. Any buyer you see this time of year is usually very serious about buying.
3. Your home will be ready for spring showing frenzy.
If your worried about having trouble selling your home because of Sandy, don't be. Although many properties have been affected, if yours is in good shape it would be a plus. If it was affected by Sandy and you want to sell it "as is", many buyers are looking for this kind of property.
This time of year most people are consintrating on the Holidays. Traffic to your home will be lighter that normal. Getting the property out there for the buyers to look at is important at any time of year.
You need to know what your property is worth in this market. You need to know where you want to go. This means you need a Market Analysis done. Get 2-3 of them and you will have a good indicator of the worth. Then you can decide what to do next.
Lawrence Costa
REMAX At Barnegat Bay
221 Lacey Rd, Forked River NJ 08731
(609) 693-5002 Office
(609) 709-0314 Direct
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Kinder,

That depends on a lot of factors. It MAY be a good time to sell here in Ocean County. Call me and we can see if it's a good time for YOU to sell.

We can do a market analysis of your home and discuss your particular wants and needs and help you decide if the time is right for you and best part that service is FREE.

Call us today & we'll help you find out if NOW is your time to sell @1-800-594-3315

Curtis Lee & Eileen Murphy
Prudential Zack Shore Properties
Curtis cell 609-709-2866
Eileen cell 732-239-0257
It's always a good time to sell when you are ready and need to sell....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Good Time is usually when you are ready. Check with your local realtor or contact me and I can recommend someone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Hello Kindred Soul,

Like Curtis mentioned below, there are a lot of factors to be considered to answer the question properly. As a free service, I would like to perform a Qualified Home Assesment on your property.
After this analysis you will be able to tell if this is the right time to sell.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision.Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Ron Shaffery
RE/MAX New Beginnings
RonaldS@remax.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Today is ALWAYS the Best day to sell your home , Jersey Shore Is booming retires, families , such a great place to live, thats why I live here. ;-)
Today is the best day to sell your Home.
Yes! it's a great time to sell a property!

Besides the wonderful answers already listed here, anyone looking to sell a property in Ocean County should also consider...

our current inventory is very low at this time, approximately 30% lower than in recent years.

Make sure to discuss a marketing plan with a local & experienced / full-time agent.

Toula N. Rosebrock
(Diane Turton, Realtors)
Direct 609-693-0295
Cell 609-290-7725
If you are thinking of selling your home now is the time to do it. Housing inventory is lower than last year and serious buyers are out looking & buying. This can be attributed to the comeback of buyer confidence thanks to affordable prices & low interest rates . If you are in a financial position that makes a move work for you,now is the time to get your home on the market & take advantage of this window of opportunity. There is less competition than there will be in the Spring when most sellers list their homes for sale.
Thank you all for your thoughts and information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012