Market Conditions in Madison>Question Details

Haiying96, Home Buyer in Madison, WI

Is it a good neighbourhood?

Asked by Haiying96, Madison, WI Sat Dec 14, 2013

This question was asked from…

That condo is located near Our Redeemer Lutheran Church/School. Elver Park, and the West District Police Station. I sold a condo in Winchester Condo Association last year to one of my buyers. In speaking with residents that live their it seams like a safe area. The condos are security locked. For info on crime in Madison go to

If you have an other questions feel free to contact me.
There are a couple services you can use that give you neighborhood demographics, like crime rates, demographics, etc. One that I use a lot is called Neighborhood Scout ( To get all the info though you do have to pay.
The other resource to look at is by subscribing to the City of Madison Police West District's monthly newsletter. It has a great amount of information in it about recent issues and gives you a good "feel" for the area.
The Madison Police Department also has crime statistics available through the Public Information Officer.
If you're concerned with the safety of a neighborhood, you can contact the local police department and they should be able to get you the information you need.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013