ephremklh, Home Buyer in Midland Park, NJ

Is it a flood area?

Asked by ephremklh, Midland Park, NJ Sun Jun 23, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3050717100-151-Pine-Ave-New-M…

Please contact me if you have any questions. As I stated before, this house is in a flood zone (100 year) and did flood during Irene. I will gladly share with you what I know. Unlike others, I live in New Milford.

Please. Do not post erroneous data as fact. This property was under several feet of water during Irene, and so was everything in the vicinity. The entire lower level was gutted after the flood and needed total renovation.
Please contact me a to the property you are inquiring about and I will give you answers. The fact that there are 6 properties for sale on the same street does make me pause.

Jim Brooks
While FEMA does currently list the property within the 100yr floodplain, the area has never been flooded and several homes in the area have achieved FEMA exemption. The owner is currently working on achieving the same exemption status. Contact me to find out more about the home.
The property you are asking about is in 100 year flood zone, meaning that no lender will lend unless you have proper flood insurance. This is an expensive proposition and, yes, the area has flooded. I live in New Milford as well--far away from a flood zone and I would be happy to show you other, less hazardous properties. Feel free to contact me at 201-519-7980 to discuss.

Best Wishes!

Jim Brooks
Yes. In fact this house and all the others around it flooded badly several years ago. Like 3 or 4 feet of water. I would not buy in that area.