Market Conditions in 01453>Question Details

Joe Manigat, Home Buyer in Massachusetts (reloc...

Is inventory in Leominster expected to pick up soon? We haven’t seen many changes in last two months.

Asked by Joe Manigat, Massachusetts (relocating from overseas) Sun Mar 9, 2008

Answers

5
If you follow historical trends, there will be many listings coming on the market in early Spring. I'm working with several potential-listers right now and encouraging them to "beat the rush" and list now. With purchases to be eligible for the first-time homebuyer credit they must be under contract by April 30 - so that should encourage sellers to list sooner than later!
I've started to see some inventory come on, but many home sellers can not, or wish not, to sell at today's prices. I would expect some new inventory this spring, but I would not expect a great deal of it.
Web Reference: http://14wolfpen.info
Hi Joe,
not sure that you are still looking for answers to this question or exactly what type of property you are looking for but many believe that Spring is a good time to list their home. TODAY is the FIRST day of SPRING !
I'd watch for a bump in the inventory. Especially now that we Realtors can take pretty photos of homes without SNOW in them !!!
Web Reference: http://www.debmccourt.com
Hi Joe,

Now that the 'crazy' market has ended, we seem to be back to the typical New England seasonal patterns -which means that we should see more inventory start hitting the market pretty soon. Typically in the Spring, many realize that there are more Buyers looking. What many fail to also see is that there is thypically a wave of inventory that ALSO comes at this time of year (usually a few weeks behind the first wave of buyers).

Given that Leominster, MA is one of the 1st affordble places within a reasonable commute of Boston, I see it to be an excellent value.
In general, inventory lows are typically at calendar year end. Inventory highs tend toward the end of Summer. At this time, there is normally a resurgence of new and previously listed properties. There is also a number of properties that may stay off the market awaiting better demand. Call or email me to discuss specific needs. There may be property currently off the market that a well timed approach could be advantageous. Rick Dickson Powder House Realty Group 978-400-1100.