Market Conditions in Irvine>Question Details

BETTYPCHEN, Home Buyer in Irvine, CA

Is William Lyon a good home builder?

Asked by BETTYPCHEN, Irvine, CA Sun Jul 29, 2012

Answers

4
Betty,

You will always find good and bad reviews on google for all builders. If you want to find good reviews - you'll find them; if you want to find bad reviews - you'll also find those.

William Lyon as other builders all have inspections done to ensure they're being built to code. You get to pick and design the inside of the home - so you are dictating how it will look. The materials aren't usually anything spectacular or particularly special; it's just custom to how you like it.

Personally, I like William Lyon homes and have not heard anything bad about them but I am sure they're not perfect.

Felix
Best bet, if you need more, google reviews for william Lyon if the reviews are good then you can't beat that. I hope I helped wish you the best! Jeannette Batsikas
Thank you for your reply.
Flag Sun Jul 29, 2012
Hi Betty,
I myself have owned William Lyon homes and was very happy with them. I have not in all the years I have been in the RE Field heard anything derogatory about his homes.
Check out the home you choosecarefully for the quality of the construction and all the upgrades.
If you are buying a new home the builder usually has a list of the brands they use for their construction. Ask what brands of windows, sinks, fixtures ect. that they use. Then check that out for yourself.
Best of luck to you,
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
714-337-8718
All builders are held to certain building standards so they are all about the same. If you are looking at a new home vs. a older home, there are very few being built so you don't have a lot of choices. It becomes more about if you like the home or not (the layout, neighborhood, etc.).

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
714-585-5236 Cell
DRE 01405146