Market Conditions in Weston>Question Details

Rdykhouse, Home Buyer in Stamford, CT

Is Weston a good location if your work is downtown Stamford? What kind of commute?

Asked by Rdykhouse, Stamford, CT Thu Jan 31, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3087068705-4-Mayflower-Ln-Wes…

Answers

7
I live and work in Weston and have been here since 1996. I can't speak more highly of the town. It's quaint and with top notch schools. If you prefer to let someone else do the driving all you need to do is drive to Westport or Wilton to catch the train to Stamford and you'll be there in no time. If you prefer to drive then you have the option of I-95 or Merritt Parkway . If they are not moving you'll be able to take the back roads. In my experience it's a 30 -45 minute commute depending on time of day /traffic and where in Weston you are. Lower Weston would be your ideal location for a quicker commute time. Hope this helps.
I currently live in Weston and my husband used to commute to downtown Stamford. During rush hour it was a minimum travel time of 45 minutes in moderately heavy traffic. If you can travel during off hours it will save you time. Best of luck in your search!
I live in Weston, CT and work in downtown Stamford. I always drive (Rt 53 to I95). Weston is a great community and we love living there. It takes 25-30 minutes to drive but once you get off the highways it's super nice driving the side roads. I only take the train when I need to goto the City but often drive to Stamford as there are more train options in Stamford vs Westport.
The train isn't really a great option. Depending on where you live, it's 15-20 minutes just to get to the train station. It's fine if you're going into the city but not Stamford. I commuted from Weston to Stamford for three years, and never once took the train.
Depending where you are in Weston, it can be a good location if you need to commute to Stamford. Access to Weston Road would be key so that you can easily access the Merritt Parkway. Estimated commute time would be 20-30 minutes. I have lived in Weston since 1999...it is a fabulous community!
Jay, thank you for your help. In your opinion, is it a better commute to drive to Stamford or take a train, assuming that is even an option in Weston. Thanks
Thank you for your reply. We will be bringing the youngest of our 3 children with us who will be entering 9th grade next year. I've been researching Weston Schools and as an educator I am pretty impressed. We have homeschooled and private schooled so far, while my teaching background is in public and my administrative background is in private, so we have a lot of decisions to make.
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
It would make more sense to drive...
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
The commute should be about 30 minutes depending where you live in Weston. You'll drop down to the Merritt and take that to Stamford. I've sold houses in Redding etc. to folks who work in Stamford but love living in the country.

Jay Cooke