Pete, Other/Just Looking in North Buckhead, Atla...

Is Old Ivy a very busy street and what is the neighborhood like from the mall area to Hwy 400?

Asked by Pete, North Buckhead, Atlanta, GA Sun Feb 21, 2010

Answers

5
Old Ivy traffic is fairly light. Cars sometimes get backed up a few houses onto Old Ivy during rush hour, accentuating the "If you lived here you'd be home by now instead of stuck in traffic" longing. The yards are deep enough that the street doesn't affect the houses anyway.

During the locally famous 4th of July fireworks at nearby Lenox Mall and the Atlanta Marathon down Peachtree people park on Old Ivy to get to the festivities, but they leave as soon as it is over.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Sarah Smith elementary is no longer on Old Ivy so traffic is much lighter on that street now. It is a beautiful area and convenient to everything. Traffic can get bad around rush hour but once you know the side streets it is easy to avoid the traffic areas.
I work near Lenox Mall, so I drive through this area a lot. It is a gorgeous leafy green neighborhood with a variety of interesting homes -- everything from cute bungalows to impressive new-construction infill. There's even a cool Art Deco home I love to look at as I drive by. The schools are pretty great, and the neighborhood is safe and quiet (with the exception of Old Ivy and Wieuca, both of which have a pretty steady flow of traffic). Plus, it's really convenient -- you're a stone's throw from Chastain Park, and you're close to plenty of shopping and restaurants, and of course right off of 400 (for easy access to the Downtown Connector). I'd love to live here if I could afford it. :-)
Web Reference: http://clickscape.com/
As Cathy says some school traffic but otherwise within general area good. Also since school going in in on Wieuca there maybe a reduction at Sarah Smith. Know of a house not yet on market off Wieuca if you are interested.
It is a busy street during rush hours and the beginning and end of school hours (Sarah Smith is on Old Ivy). Otherwise the neighborhood is fine from Weiuca to Roswell.