laurenberryh…, Home Buyer in Killeen, TX

Is Long Beach a good investment to buy a prperty to rent and hold?

Asked by laurenberryhill, Killeen, TX Wed Jun 19, 2013

Answers

9
Lauren,

Yes,

Long Beach Ca is a very diverse city. It has a state university as well as community colleges. Many college students need rentals. There is also a large population of young professionals not yet ready to buy and in need of a nice rental

Kawain Payne Realtor
714-293-1151
Long Beach is a great city to invest in and remains the MOST AFFORDABLE beach city in Southern California so your entry point is going to be a bit lower than other beachy towns such as Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach. So essentially it will cost you less to buy an investment property in Long Beach, opening up the possibility for being able to buy more than one property. As for the growth in equity over time, keep in mind the following quote: "THE RISING TIDE FLOATS ALL BOATS!"

That CERTAINLY applies to our fair city...Long Beach...
Long Beach is one of the best affordable beach communities with strong rental income and excellent appreciation predicted for the coming real estate cycle. Excellent time to purchase... Best of luck...
I couldn't agree more! Not only that, but it is a lively city with a great mix of people and a strong sense of community. I rented in Long Beach and plan on purchasing in Alamitos or Bluff Heights area in the future!
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Excellent Question!
Even Better answers! And yes, Long Beach is a very active city, I think Maxine gave a fantastic answer!

I had to stop a share a Listing I have now of 6 units in the City of Long Beach that just went back on the market!
http://mrmlsmatrix.com/matrix/shared/b5483xlK7TDd/1538CedarAvenue

Good luck to all!

If interested,

Enrique Vasquez-Plaza
REALTOR
Century21 Masters - Covina
480 W. Rowland St. Ste B
Covina,Ca 91723
626-324-0388 cell
626-967-3235 fax
enriquec21masters@gmail.com
CDPE certified
HAFA certified
http://Www.enriqueplaza.com
CA-DRE #01868555
Long Beach is the most affordable Los Angeles County/ Orange County Adjacent Beach City. The job market is good, great location for commuters to LA/OC, perfect weather, Cal State Long Beach, Music and Entertainment Scene, Tourism, Airport, Large Companies like Boeing and McDonald Douglas. There are many reasons why Long Beach would make a great place to invest in Real Estate.
Boeing just announced 300 more engineer positions available and there has been a dash for rental properties recently.
Long Beach is one of the Hottest Real Estate Markets in the Nation right now. Values are rising almost every day.
Call me if you would like more info. Best of luck!
Hello Lauren!

I'm a real estate investor myself and other than property values, job market in the area, demand for rental units and the politics of a city is what i look at before I buy anything in that city to hold for long term. With that said, I think Long Beach is the best coastal city in LA county to invest in right now. Here is why:

1- The property values are still relatively affordable allowing for a better cashflow potential.
2- The city by itself has major industries that support the community and jobs. The port, the CSULB and Long Beach community college, the memorial health care facility and the air port are a few examples. There are always demand for rental units.
3- We have 710, 405, 605, 22 and 110 freeways easily accessible to us. We also have easy access to public transportation. These all make it very easy to commute to anywhere in Los Angeles or Orange Counties for business/work.
4- Long Beach has everything in itself. We have museums, play houses, night life, all kinds of food and shops, hotels, hospital, parks, convention center. We host major annual events like the Long Beach Grand Prix. These all make it a wonderful place to live in.

Hope this helps. If I could be of an assistance please feel free to call me. I'll be happy to answer all your questions with no strings attached. My contact information is below.

Max Hunter
Realty Gratitude
Broker
Direct: 562-230-4124
Office: 562-344-5515
Email: Max@RealtyGratitude.com
Hi Lauren,
It depends on your risk tolerance. Investment term and return on investment needs.
Give me a call so we discuss what you needs and wants are and see if we have something that will fit. My focus is Investment Real Estate and have completed transactions in over 19 States.

John Schneiter
MAVERICK INVESTMENTS
3633 E. BROADWAY Ste. 100
LONG BEACH, CA 90803
OFFICE: 562-856-9300 ext. 33
DRE License # 01834404
I have been selling in Long Beach for over 34+ years and invest in Long Beach as my clients have and it has brought both of us great additional income. I teach them how to self manage and help them pick their tenants if they want me to. I have had great success doing that and my clients have gotten really long term tenants that want to stay.

If I can be of any further help feel free to contact me,

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
L B Brokerage
DRE Lic#797560
bstrealtor@aol.com
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
Servicing Long Beach and Neighbring Cmmunities for 34+ yeras
My opinion to your question is yes. Long Beach is a very strong rental market. As a long time resident with many years as a realtor, I feel our City is a great place for investment property. We do not have all the rent rules and restrictions that many areas such as Los Angeles have, and because we are a beach city with a great State University and community colleges, rents have always been in high demand. If you are out of state, there are numerous local property management companies that are able to handle your property after close of escrow. We are seeing a rise in rents again as our rental inventory decreases, and vacant properties do not last long. As a rental property owner myself, I have always have multiple applications on a vacancy and have been able to choose the cream of the crop for tenants.
If you are using financing to purchase, be sure you have spoken with your lender about what you will need for a down payment and what your price range will be. If you need a recommendation in this area, let me know and if there is anything else I can help you with, like a list of available properties. Best of Luck!