Market Conditions in 03431>Question Details

cfspartan, Both Buyer and Seller in Keene, NH

Is Keene a decent market for rehabbing?

Asked by cfspartan, Keene, NH Thu Jan 24, 2013

Keene is filled with old, outdated, and functionally obsolete homes - that's obvious to anyone who has looked at the junk on the market in the past few years. But, given how dreadfully long it takes to sell here, is there room for someone to come in and fix it up and sell at a profit?

Answers

2
Absolutely! Keene is a city that continues to attract many due to its strong school system. As you mentioned, there are plenty of homes on the market that are in need of TLC. My suggestion would be to look for the homes that have features (that can't be changed) that will attract buyers. For example: location, the land plot, and neighborhoods. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.
I am truly not sure on that one but if you recreate an entire neighborhood it may be a great benefit, I would even see if any federal programs suit your needs, you could have groundbreaking results. If you need a Realtor, I have many great agents in the area and I'll be glad to recommend some to you if you like.

Just let me know - be happy to help !!

Jamin M Jones
Home Inspector NH Lic#280
http://www.inspectorjmj.weebly.com

inspectorjmj@gmail.com
Mobile: 978-675-7597
Thanks for Chiming in... I'm not sure about recreating a neighborhood - not the kind of project that would make sense here at all.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013