Antonio Nava…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Is Humboldt Park in Chicago a good place to buy investment property right now?

Asked by Antonio Navarro, Chicago, IL Thu Jun 27, 2013

Answers

9
Lee Cherney’s answer
I believe that Humboldt Park is a good neighborhood to invest in - but you must understand what your "big picture" plan is. The numbers will probably work as far as rental income and carrying cost. But you really should have a plan to understand how long you want to own the property, and set your expectations. I have watched this area go up during the market boom and then come crashing down during the market decline. Having a proper plan, and understanding the neighborhood and the numbers will help you to make the right decision.
Anywhere the numbers work is a good place to invest. Your cash on cash return is the most important factor to look at when investing in real estate. This will vary in a case by case basis regardless of location. The city of chicago has put about 6 million dollars into improvements in Humboldt park over the past 5 years or so. That is usually a very good sign for the area in general.
It depends on what you are looking for? Is your primary objective cash flow? Is it appreciation? What is your exit plan? How long do you plan to hold the property? More information is needed before one can answer your question.

Imagine asking me if buying a Ford is a good investment. You'd probably ask me how many miles do I drive a year? How old is the car? How many miles are on the car?

Feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
Hello Antonio,

Humboldt Park is a great area to invest due to it's constant growth and changes to the neighborhood, new commerce, restaurants, bars, etc...and the proximity to the other surrounding hot neighborhoods, i.e. Ukraine Village, Wicker Park, East Village, Bucktown, etc...

I help you find the right investment.
Plenty of activity! I have a 2 flat and a 4 unit coming on the market soon. Feel free to contact me or soon will be on the MLS.

HI: am looking for cheap property for investment. in near north side or jafferson park my phone number is 773-2626501
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013
Yes, Antonio!
Please contact me and I can certainly give you a breakdown on the property in the area and the rental prices. The market is moving up fast!
It depends on what your looking for. Ask your agent, they can help
Yes depends on what type of investment and how the numbers look, but a good area if purchasing and renting out units for sure due to proximity to Wicker Park/Bucktown/Logan Square.
According to the latest Case Shiller Index by Zip Code for Chicago, the 5-year price change was down 36%; however the last 12-months has been up by 5%. So things are going in the right direction. Overall for Chicago the 1-year change is +10%.