Isaac Cisner…, Both Buyer and Seller in California

Is Fayetteville a good place to buy and hold for cash flow?

Asked by Isaac Cisneros, California Mon Jan 26, 2009

Fayetteville has caught my eye because it is military driven economy. So I would guess that people rent there more than own. What do you think?

Answers

5
Dablock2k3’s answer
Fayetteville is a great place to buy real estate and to live.........ITS ALWAYS something too do and you cant go wrong...i moved be cause its a fast town and i like it slow........i have three houses there i will be selling for much of nothing......ALL BECAUSE IM A VET AND I AM TIRED OF RENTING TO PEOPLE THAT DONT TAKE CARE OF YOUR PROPERTY......SUPREMEDELI@AOL.COM
Isaac,

If you are looking for investment properties, I would suggest the Pinehurst area, which is 40 minutes west of Fayetteville. Properties in Pinehurst hold their value very well and we are considered a 'Golf Resort' area. Ever heard of the area?

I'd be happy to search for properties for you or you can search on your own via my website at http://www.ERASandhillsRealty.com .

Please let me know how I can help! Thank you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 26, 2009
New Homes Buyers Beware-- Cumberland County Taxing Practice –house was built in 2011, my family paid $300,000 (this was the private appraisal value too). In 2012, the house was appraised at $355,000 by the city of Fayetteville. I appealed it, but the city will not change the appraisal value. My reasons to appeal were: the house was not in existence in 2009, in 2009 also the house prices were up, in 2012 the builder reduced the asking price for same style of house to $240,000 and prices of houses in Fayetteville have declined due to economy and excess in house inventory). The city stands with the $355,000 appraisal value. They allege that NC law requires them to appraise new homes considering the prices of similar houses sold in “2009”. So even though my house probably will not sell for more than $240,000, it is now appraised at $355,000 by the City of Fayetteville based upon home prices of 2009, two years before the house was built. This is happening to all Buyers in 2011. Will like to know your opinion of this “fictitious” value (appraising a house built in 2011 to prices of 2009 and not updating prices considering current values to those that appeal). Any ideas of any other legal recourse to appeal further? Open to discussion.
As Mario and Denise said, you can't really go wrong in our area. We are well insulated from the rest of the country because of our Military influence. And we will only get stronger when BRAC takes place. There are also plenty of opportunities because there is no one place that is better than any other. The military folks and civilians who live here live in as about a diverse number of areas and markets as you can imagine.

I hope that helps.
Issac,

Ft Bragg is about to explode. FORSCOM from Georgia. Fayetteville area will receive more than 40,000 new residents. This is one of Investors Haven because property values are much lower than most cities of this size.

There are many investors from all over the nation that are buying foreclosures and distress properties. Short sales are popular but time consuming. Reply with your email and I will send you a list of properties that may be of interest to you. Let us know the price range you have in mind.

Rentals are in demand. Visit http://www//americnarentals.biz - This is one of the many websites that will show current available rentals. Prices are stable. I am sure you know that making money is easy when you buy at the right price and hold.

You are welcome to write me for additional information, ftbragghomes@gmail.com

My newest website is http://www.searchfortbragg.com

I am bi-lingual.

Buenos dias y buena suerte,

Mario de la Vega
910-988-1300