Carl, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Interested in second home, possibly in the Racquet Club development, need some guidance as to that development and current state of the market.

Asked by Carl, Dallas, TX Fri Oct 12, 2012

Answers

8
Connie McGregor’s answer
Carl,

I lived in the Racquet Ciub in the 90"s, am an avid tennis player myself so was a perfect fit for more me at the time. There are certainly lovely features with this community, I would love to chat with you my thoughts.

Below are two links of active and sold in the Racquet Club today - to give you a comparison of our market that is increasing in solds price compared to within the last 3 months. We are anticipating an exciting winter activity in our Real Estate market.

http://ow.ly/ero3J

http://ow.ly/erodj

To personalize your service, my contact information below.

Look forward to be in the running as your Realtor in Scottsdale.

Connie McGregor, Realtor
N.B. Andrews & Associates
480-528-0097
Connie@ ConnieMcGregor.com
Web Reference: http://www.ConnieMcGregor.com
Hi Carl. You will get 10-12 replys from your Trulia question. That is the way Trulia works. So, right off the bat, apologies for all the responses. I have read most of the questions answered by agents, and, actually, all are very good, and professional. That's one of the nice "surprises" for out of towners - most agents working the Scottsdale market are pros.

That said, we all have our opinions, as well, re: various projects and developments. If you are inquiring about the Racqect Club because of tennis, then, there are other developments to also consider. If you are inquiring due to location, then there a few others in that vacinity too. If you are inquiring because of price, then that will change what I might suggest. The Racquet Club is an older project, in a great location.

If you would like to discuss your search further, I would enjoy visiting with you. My cell is 602-330-7860. Thanks,

Phil Griffith
Its a great location. Some of the homes there definitely need updating, so it depends on what you are looking for. The HOA is a little higher there than some of the other complexes at about $380/month. but if you are ok with that, then it's a great place, especially if you like tennis. the townhomes are definitely nicer as they have a garage instead of a carport.

I would be happy to share with you some other places I would recommend if you want to contact me.
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
480-570-1074
Hi Carl,
There are currently 11 active listings in this development ranging from $85K to $325K.
Attractive location - not too far from down town Scottsdale, lots of greenery, water features, trails.
Please email me or call for more info.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (602) 507-3703
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Carl,

Great question and I think I have an even better response for you!

If you're asking about the Scottsdale Racquet Club, you're in luck because I live right down the road. The units in the Racquet Club -- depending on how many bedrooms -- are selling around 90k for 1 bedrooms, 2-3 bedrooms are going between 130-325k.

The Racquet Club is a great facility, I have played there numerous times, however, the HOA is around $400 per month.

As a professional realtor and avid tennis player, I would gladly help and suggest your options within this community as well as others in the area that I know of.

Please send me an email or call me now!

Grant Olsen
REALTOR®
Prudential Arizona Properties
(612) 749-2332
http://www.InvestAzSunshine.com
There are some great units in the Racquet Club, one bedrooms starting at $89,000 and 2 bedroom units going up to $180k. The hoa fee per month are $360 to $400 but the club offers a lot in regards to Tennis, fitness centers, pool and a lot more.

Scottsdale and the over all market in Arizona has cleaned up and not very many bank owned and short sales but overall the average price per sq ft and prices in general are still in good conditions.

I have lived in Scottsdale my whole life. Let me know if I can be a help to find you a second home and some more information of other communities that offer a similar style of living thanks!
The Racquet Club is predominately seasonal residents. It is well maintained with beautiful tennis courts, grounds and pools. The Casita section is preferable with larger units and nicer views.
i currently have listings in that development and would be happy to discuss your needs. Please contact me at 480-272-6689 or mponcher@poncherrealty.com.
Great choice for a second home. Market here is good, just heard a talk by our local R.E specialist from the ASU business school. He said after Jan 1 we should expect a very fast pace for buying and rising prices. Call if you would like more info on available condos now. 480 510-0510.