Market Conditions in Newnan>Question Details

Sha_angelico, Home Seller in Newnan, GA

If we put our house in the market, about how long do you think it might take to sell? We paid 179K for it in 2004 and would like something similar.

Asked by Sha_angelico, Newnan, GA Wed Oct 13, 2010

If we have to take less then I guess we will. I'm not sure how much it is worth, but it is in good condition. it is in my husband's name, not mine, and I think we have a home equity loan out. I'm in Newnan, Georgia in the Timberidge subdivision off of hwy 29.

Answers

4
Anna's answer is right on. The amount of time it takes will depend on several things, some of which you will have control over. The average DOM today is almost irrelevant in most areas because overpriced homes in less than par condition are factored in. Homes that have no chance of selling to begin with are can really distort what the correct DOM should be.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
As to how long it may take to sell--much will depend on location, pricing, condition, etc.; as to value--contact a few local agents from different realty offices and ask for comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, review the data and make a determination as to a fair price--consider hiring the one you like best as your listing agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
I would love to do a comparable market analysis for you. The community that you are in is a nice one and homes usually do well over in that area, but it would depend on the list price, and condition of the home. Call me and I will do a cma that will give you an idea of the market conditions in your area. I need a little more info to do that.
Cindy Horsley
Bush Real Estate Group
Newnan, Ga. 30263
404-519-6513
It would be a good idea to reach out to a Realtor to help determine a good selling price and marketing plan. The market has changed a lot since 2004.

As both agents answered before it will depend on pricing, the market, the condition of the property and a few other things to determine just how quickly your home will sell.

I will be happy to assist if needed.

Katisha Chase
Century 21 Intown
678-521-2879
Katishachase@hotmail.com