Wanda, Both Buyer and Seller in Wakefield, MA

If my house was appraised in February 08 at 460K, what percentage in today's market has it dropped to?

Asked by Wanda, Wakefield, MA Thu Jan 15, 2009

Answers

3
Robert Mailhoit’s answer
Wanda,
Being from this area myself I can tell you that, although Wakefield may not have been hit as hard as other towns, it was still effected. Its best to have another market analysis done now and use that current number to make the best decision for you. Even during the best of times, a lot can change in the market in one year.
Wanda-

The question is who is assessed/ appraised it? An appraiser? for what reason? or was it an assessment?
Are you thinking of selling it- is that why you want the info or are you just curious. Appraisals are based on like homes near you with approximately the same lot size, rooms, sq. footage.
I agree with Michael as to get a Realtor in there to help you determine what the value of your home is in this current market.

If any questions, please do not hesistate to ask.

Michael Prescott
RE/MAX Innovations
mprescott@relocationma.com
Hi Wanda,
Other than having an appraisal done, the best way to determine the market value is to have an agent come out and view the property. Condition, Location and RECENT comps will let you know where you are at. Good Luck and let me know if I can be of any help.