Lisa Fehr, Other/Just Looking in 2525 South 18th St.

I would like to know how much the houses like mine are worth in my area?

Asked by Lisa Fehr, 2525 South 18th St. Wed Jun 6, 2007

I'm trying to see comparitables in my area for my house a duplex. 4 bedrooms 2 full baths in one unit then 2 bedroom and 1 bath in the second unit.

Answers

9
Feel free to email me directly with your home address. I can put together a brief (or complex) comparative market analysis for your area and your home.

My contact information is in my Trulia profile.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 3, 2011

I am not in your market area, and unable to respond with specific comparables. I read the responses submitted thus far, and agree that accurate pricing opinions from a knowledgeable agent is your best bet. Zillow is easy to use, and can actually be fun or entertaining, but don't depend upon it for accuracy. Zillow, through it's own disclaimers, will tell you the same. Take a look on Zillow, but keep any data or calculations fromt here in perspective. Without visitng a property, it is difficult to narrow the range in a pricing opinion.

You can get help from a local knowledgeable agent, even if you are not in the market to sell. Most agents will do that out of goodwill as a free service. Even if someone were to tell me that wanted a pricing opinion from me but they weren't going to sell, or they were going to sell on their own, I would still assist. I do appreciate it when property owners are upfront about their purposes or goals.

Many agent or broker sites offer the ability to save searches or download listings. You might be able to gather some data that way also.

Good Luck.
Web Reference: http://PeninsulaFirst.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2007
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Contact a local Realtor who will assist you in doing a comparative market analysis,
Hi Lisa,

At Prudential Preferred I can set you up with an automated email that will tell you when homes in your area go on the market and when they sell. You can then get a better understanding of similar houses and market conditions.
Your property is pretty unique with that 4/2 unit. 6 listed sales for multis on the slopes over the last year range from $99K to $138K , when removing the high and low outliers ($59K and $189K respectively). These closed listings were all 2 and 4 unit properties. I'd have to see your property in person to tune that number in as condition, view, adjacent properties, and other factors will have an effect on market value (as Brian stated earlier).
It depends on what part of the slopes you are on....if you have a city view, the condition of your property, and the recent updates done to your property.

The Allegheny County website comps are usually not too comparable and Zillow is usually WAY off.
The best way to find out what your property is worth is to call an agent that you know well and have them do a quick Market Evaluation.. or you can spend some money and hire an appraiser.
The problem with Zillow and similar sites is that they are usually too high or too low and are rarely on target. I wish my home was worth what Zillow says it is..Real Estate is local... Your best bet is to contact someone who knows the area.. most agents will do it without charge and won't hassle you if you tell them you are not ready to sell but would like some information..
Web Reference: http://kayethomas4homes.com
Kaye Thomas, Real Estate Pro in 90266
Lisa,
Have you used the allegheny county real estate website??
http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/
enter your house info in and comparables will show up.
I would love to give you a quick answer, the best online help available for a basic answer would be.
I hope you find this fast and easy, keep in mind this does not include upgrades like granite or other features which may increase your value.
You may also try http://www.Zillo.com they are also very helpful.