documentsite, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

I would appreciate it if you could recommend which neighborhoods in Boca Raton it's OK to buy a house and which neighborhoods not to buy .

Asked by documentsite, Boca Raton, FL Sat Aug 11, 2012

Budget: 40 - 150k$

Scott Miller’s answer
Hi Doc. Nothing beats investing next to a university for long term profits, stability, and capital gains. In my experience, it's simply the best and nothing comes close, except oceanfront, which is MUCH more expensive.

Universities throughout the US are pouring billions of dollars into their campuses and infrastructure. What could be better than grabbing a ride with a local school and riding their wave?

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
So, where do you suggest to invest?
Can you recommend?
Flag Wed Aug 15, 2012
We can help you find an investment property that you can rent without rental restrictions, just contact us directly and we will be happy to work with you. Boca Raton has many investment opportunities and note the good ones go very fast. Every city has desireable communities / area etc. it's all in what you are looking for as an investor.
The Venturelli Team
Sandalfoot Cove has no rental restrictions (an important thing to find out about your prospective investment property). Once you've found out whether rental restrictions exist on a given property that's for sale, the next thing to do is find "rented" comparables. In other words, locate (I search the MLS and tax records) properties in the same are which rented in the past six months or a year. See how much they rented for to determine market value, and how many days they were on the market before they rented. Pay attention to their condition, because comparing a property that is nicely updated to one which is rough is like comparing apples to oranges.
Flag Sun Aug 12, 2012
I am looking for a single family home as investment for rent.
For up to $150k, you might be able to find a house in Sandalfoot Cove. I've always found this to be a nice entry-level neighborhood. Some of the homes in this subdivision are on golf courses; though that might run you more than $150K. I did see a foreclosure that was less than $150K on the golf course awhile back (about a year), but prices have been on the climb since then.
Not to be flippant, but it's really way a big a question without asking a whole lot more questions... most relating to what it is specifically you're looking for. Do you want a family community, an active adult one, one that's held if values better than others, one that's single family homes or townhouses...
you get my point. There are no bad neighborhoods in Boca Raton. Only ones that suit your needs.