alexis.casta…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I was wondering over the past we will say three years, if the average home price listing has increased in Humboldt Park and by what average?

Asked by alexis.castanos, Chicago, IL Sat Oct 19, 2013

Answers

11
According to the MLS

101 detached single family homes have sold in the Humboldt Park neighborhood at an average sale price of $75,635 between January 1, 2012 and October 20, 2012.

126 detached single family homes have sold in the Humboldt Park neighborhood at an average sales price of $108,374 between January 1, 2013 and October 20, 2013.

If you'd like to explore buying opportunities in that neighborhood feel free to contact me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
Yes, all of Chicago has seen a 5 to 10% increase in value over the last 12 months.

Right now, we are at about 2003 prices. It may be a while before we see 2006 prices but values are increasing on a nice, steady pace.

If you would like some help, just give me a call at 847-533-7115.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
c: 847-533-7115
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
Yes prices have gone up. I am looking for about 4% per year in general increase in value. Location and condition of the property play into value as well.
Dear Alexis,

Prices have gone up. However, the price is relative to the type of property, Single Family, Condo, Townhome, or Commercial Space. Work with a broker to get a closer idea for the property type you are looking at.
Increased ? Where ? In the last 3 years prices are going down in Humboldt park some areas in HDP prices decrease more that 50% ...
Send me an email at barcelonarealtor@gmail.com i can send you economic graphics with real sales in HDP with prices in the last 3 years .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
No the market has gone down.....lol. The market is going nowhere but up. You have missed the boat if your looking for a steal.
Over the past 3 years prices have increased in most neighborhoods in Chicago. As per the specifics, work with a Realtor to give you an accurate estimate as to the value of the home you are refering to.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 19, 2013
Alexis,

Prices have gone up all over including Humbolt Park. Location and condition will determine the value of your home. Feel free to contact me for a FREE evaluation.

Jose Hernandez
Coldwell Banker Residential
676 N. Michigan ave.
312-788-7079
ChicagoAgent312@gmail.com
Yes, it has. Am very familiar with the neighborhood. Call 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty,com.
Sure it has. Over the last 12-18mo everything has increased in all neighborhoods/Burbs. The extent to which this is true for your property depends on lots of variables, but the market clearly has changed from the disaster it was from 2007-2011ish.