Market Conditions in Norfolk>Question Details

David Simond, Other/Just Looking in 02056

I was wondering is housing in my area (Norfolk, MA) are still declining and if so for hom much longer. I was

Asked by David Simond, 02056 Tue Apr 15, 2008

think of making an upper lateral move into some new construction areas where builders may be distressed.

Answers

3
I'm not seeing the builders in the Canterberry Estates, Keeney Pond or Analore Circle neighborhoods giving any deep discounts right now. But that's not to say there aren't some deals to be had as far as "free" upgrades or extras. I'm confident values in Norfolk will stay strong due to its growth strategies and location on the commuter rail. We love living here for probably some of the same reasons you do. I'm happy to go over a more detailed analysis of market trends in town at your convenience. Take care!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 15, 2008
David,
I'm a realtor AND a certified residential real estate appraiser who lives in Norfolk. I just posted some recent Norfolk activity at my blog (link below). I'd be happy to talk with you in depth about what's going on in town. There are some opportunities for moving up within town. Drop me a line or call me on my cell if I can be of any help.

Thanks!
Mike
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 15, 2008
Well, Meeks and O'Brien ceratinly didn't help things with the pathetic way they left Norfolk. They stiffed both the bank and the former owners of the land. They took it hard, though...one of the principals was so distraught he went on a Carribean cruise. They shut down Meeks and O'Brien and started a new company.