Market Conditions in 75024>Question Details

Weziana, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

I was recently in the Frisco area and I saw very few sale or foreclosure signs in W.Frisco. Things must be turning around.

Asked by Weziana, Frisco, TX Sat Dec 19, 2009

Grayhawk, Trails, and Shaddock Creek.

Answers

5
This time of year it may be deceiving because buyers and sellers are not wanting to do things over the holiday season, but the facts support your intuition.

In 2008 there were 532 REO or foreclosure properties in Frisco listed. In the first half of 2009 there were 202 such properties and in the second half only 158.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 19, 2009
Beware percentage answers. They can make things look bad when they aren't. Stick to the real numbers.

Demand in Frisco has stayed way up, even throughout the economic downturn in Summer 2008. Demand for foreclosures and vacant properties by the buying public is way up for Frisco, but the choices in each price point are dwindling. It's hard not to laugh when some prospective buyers tell us how far off the list price a buyer thinks they are going to offer on a Frisco home. The comparative sales just don't support their expectations. Hit-and-run low-ball offers are frustrating, but I've found most Frisco sellers are doing their homework, too, and know the value of their home. We're a pretty computer-savvy community. I go in to homes with comparative home sales, and the owners are pulling out their own to compare. I think that's pretty cool, and very unique to Frisco. We have a high percentage of 'analytical' types making up our community. It has a lot to do with the corporate nature of our sellers, many of whom work in the Legacy Business Corridor.

My biggest problem with Frisco home sales? I don't keep a listing long enough to generate more buyer leads off of it before it goes into contract. That's a good problem to have, though, as it means that we know our market and homes are selling.

My biggest problem with selling a Frisco home? The infrastructure of Frisco is still challenged by inadequate road construction. What was about four years behind schedule four years ago is still probably a few years behind schedule. Frisco, and the communities around Frisco, are still growing and the additional population commuting to, and through, Frisco is still a big challenge. The road widening projects are underway, which gives us hope that the infrastructure concerns are being addressed by the city and state government. Do it faster, please.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor and Certified Purchasing Manager
CEO of comingsoonhomes.com
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009
There are still lots of foreclosures. January numbers are also up 45%..... Frisco is still a nice place to buy and live though.
Web Reference: http://www.dfwSnapshot.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 19, 2009
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
W. Frisco is zip code 75034 there currently in MLS 465 properties Active on market does not include new builds.

Not all listing agent place a foreclosure rider on each sale sign out front of a home

Keep in mind submit any sales offer you must be approved for a home loan lender letter is attached.

I know Frisco very well, you can visit my website click on letter F search for all homes within our budget
http://www.lynn911.com

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 27, 2009
As of today there are 50 foreclosures active on the market in Frisco ranging from 139K to 1.1m.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009