Joe DeVito, Real Estate Pro in Brooklyn, NY

I was just wondering if all agents are feeling the up swing in the Real Estate marget ? Bensonhurst area of Brooklyn NY is definately up.

Asked by Joe DeVito, Brooklyn, NY Fri Oct 9, 2009

Answers

3
Yes Joe, the Bensonhurst Brooklyn market is up about 6.6%. The median sales price for homes in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn for Jul 09 to Sep 09 was $703,000 based on 49 sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median sales price decreased 5%, or $37,000, and the number of sales decreased 29%. Average price per square foot for Bensonhurst was $288, a decrease of 10% compared to the same period last year.

There are currently 114 resale and new homes in Brooklyn on Trulia, including 11 open houses, as well as 19 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process. The average listing price for homes for sale in Bensonhurst was $717,561 for the week ending Sep 30, which represents an increase of 6.6%, or $44,691, compared to the prior week.
Web Reference: http://www.clovelake.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
Hello Joe, I noticed the increase in prices in my area about two months ago. I have found less deals for my buyers and my search is getting harder and harder. The buyers that are seriously looking are more qualified and they are eager to purchase. I stay up late searching for homes for my buyers because they start calling me early the next day and in order for me to find homes for those qualified buyers I have to be on the ball.

Rhonda Holt
Full Time Top Sales Agent
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
1712 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234
Office: 718-692-4444
Email: HelpMeRhonda1919@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.KandHhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
I have noticed an upswing in sales in my area of LI, which I attribute to the decline in prices and an influx in first time buyers, which is enabling the sellers of these homes to move up. I still see prices going down, however. In my area I think they will continue to decline and when they complete their descent, I think prices will stay flat for some time.