Ripper.pvr, Home Seller in Stockton, CA

I want to sell my home in Weston Ranch when I can get a firm sale price of $225,000, - about $128/sq ft. When would it be a good time to list it?

Asked by Ripper.pvr, Stockton, CA Wed Sep 25, 2013

Answers

19
Uhhhh....let me help you out by giving you a potential buyer's perspective because you're just getting a bunch of questionable responses from real estate agents who are hoping that you'll list with them.

Quite honestly, I don't know what is going to be done about the Weston Ranch area. This is my impression as a potential buyer in Stockton---one whose looking for a home in which TO LIVE. Please keep in mind that I don't have a dog in this race, because Weston Ranch is not even a thought for me--for the following reasons:

The large amount of abandoned foreclosed and rental homes means an overall feeling of isolation and transience. To top it off, many of the rental homes seem to be section 8. All of the above increases the rate of crime (in an already crime heavy area) and decreases the emotional concept of a neighborhood. I am currently searching for a home and I've already come across several families warning me to avoid Weston Ranch because they've had their homes broken into, including one break-in that occurred while one of the female family members was home alone. Who wants that?

Now let me be even more blunt: if you think that you'll have better luck selling to working class/middle class families of color thinking, like will be with like? We are a family of color and those telling us to stay away are as well. I told you I'd give you an honest perspective. No one other than an investor wants Weston Ranch--it's not race, class, or square footage...it's crime. Now in terms of investors, I do know people who've sold homes in that area and it's the investors who have been purchasing them. $225k is WAY TOO MUCH for anyone (investor or private buyer) to pay in that area. That kind of price could only be gotten if there was emotion behind the offer for a buyer. Emotion in home buying comes about when there's a great neighborhood, an awesome school, a beautiful view---something. It's not the house alone that determines a price but the neighborhood around it and what other homes are selling for. I can buy a home in other safer neighborhoods with a better reputation for that price. In terms of an investor--THEY know that they can purchase a home in a better neighborhood in Stockton for that price. Stockton is not so up and coming, nor the housing market so tight as to give rise to gentrification just yet. Who knows---give it 15-20 years?

Sorry to tell you, but that price is quite high.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Rarely have I read something so full of bad facts and impressions. Here is the reality: Prices in Weston Ranch rose from $72/sqft to $102/sqft in the past 12 months. The number of houses for sale is quite low. The crime rate here is one of the lowest in Stockton. Not sure "family of color" is even in the discussion. This is the most culturally and ethnically diverse places I've ever lived - and I love it. I like the fact you can be out on a morning walk and have an exchange of "Good Morning" with people you meet. Whoever you spoke too did you a terrible disservice. As for me, there is NO doubt that home prices will reach that $140/sqft in the next 12-18 months.
Flag Thu Oct 24, 2013
Hi Ripper!
It's best to get a in depth market analysis on your home to see if the current real estate market and the condition of your home support the value you are asking. We can provide that information for free.

Additionally, Please take a look at some of the recent sales in the Weston ranch area to see if your home compares to any of these. It is posted on the weston ranch community website.

Let me know if I can help you provide further information.

David McKeever
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
Indeed, prices are going up! This is a clean neighborhood, with low crime and an active community! Hope you join us! Here is the latest housing trends, found on the community association website: http://westonranchcommunityassociation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sept-2013.jpg
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Since I don't live in your area I'll give you a very straight forward answer. The market is starting to slow. We had a great bump this year and regardless of how much you WANT to sell your home FOR how much you can actually GET for it is a different story. Interest rates are trending up and inventory across the state is increasing. If you want to get TOP DOLLAR for your home, regardless of the final price I suggest you contact one of these fine Realtors below NOW before things slow down even more.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
Now is the best time due to there being low inventory and bidding wars in the market place. Interest rates are still low, however this window of opportunity is quickly closing due to an increase in interest rates for home buyers, and possibly another rate increase by the Federal Reserve coming soon. If you list your home now you may receive offers from 3 days to 30 days of being on the market. I am a real estate broker with over 12 years experience. I know what it takes to get your home sold and have a 104% list to sold price. This means you selling your home for more than your asking price. If you have any questions or would like to receive a free market analysis please email me or give me a call at: caprilending@yahoo.com, phone:209-430-9907. Capri Ndikum at Citi One Realty in Stockton, CA.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hi there,
I just listed a home in Weston Ranch last night. This area has a high demand right now for homes. Please give me a call at 209-298-1574 . I would love to give you a free market analysis on your home. I am sure that with the right marketing and pricing I can sell your home quickly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
It really doesn't matter when you sell. Yes it is true that the market does slow during the holidays but this year we are not really seeing that. The listings I have now are getting showings and offers on a regular basis. Honestly you just need a good Realtor who knows how to market the property. I would be happy to discuss how you can get top dollar and save thousands by NOT listing with a typical big name broker. Check out my profile if you are interested in what we can offer.
Some posts here are highly incorrect. As a resident here I know very well the crime rate, schools and their scores, and the desirability. Fact is we have less crime than most any other part of Stockton. I would personally not live in Stockton. I work in Tracy, and we have less crime than Tracy. I am a Neighborhood Watch block captain and speak with the Stockton PD Community Service Officer and review the crime data near monthly. Further, the school test scores have all been increasing. This area has a new community association at http://westonranchcommunityassociation.com that really is getting things together as far as community building events, neighborhood watches, and keeping the area clean and professional. The bike trails are awesome, one goes right on the river levy- and the location is so centrally located to the Sierras, Bay Area, and Reno-right off I-5. The commute is so much easier as well, with a new multi-million dollar off ramp getting completed on French Camp. I would grab a home here soon, so I am sure you can list your home now. I would say by spring expect to see the level you are talking about. These are great prices, especially when compared to the bay area! Why be house poor?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
With all due respect, might I suggest that your perspective may be a bit biased as you are a current resident and perhaps as a current resident you may have several horses in this race concerning the community reputation and your own housing value. Again, with all due respect. Perhaps I am wrong.
Flag Mon Nov 11, 2013
Hi Greg

We spoke and the below answer is just one homeowners opinion and does not relate to all of Weston ranch area. This area is still a very desirable area. I have a buyer as we had emailed before. There are many Bay Area buyers willing and able to pay this price per square feet because to them this is cheap. Let me know when I can go by to meet with you in person and look at home.

Janet Ramirez
Real Estate Broker/Notary
Integrity Real Estate Center, Inc.
2815 N California St
Stockton, Ca. 95204
209 598 1502. Mobile
209 472 0389. Office
209 472 0392. Fax
Asst: integritycoordinator@live.com
http://www.zillow.com/profile/janethelpsbuy/
http://janetramirez.metrolistpro.com
http://www.janetramirez.net
http://www.IntegrityRealEstateCenter.net
I mentioned in my post below that the homeowner's best possible solution may be to seek an uninformed buyer from the bay area who isn't aware of the community and is just seeking an opportunity to invest. I say uninformed because the investor will have to be completely unaware of the community's reputation, the crime rate, and the fact that the rental properties in that area are a dime a dozen and as such very hard to fill. Get an uninformed investor and if you wish to be kind to them, at least tell them to make the necessary applications to make their property section 8 compliant as it will greatly increase the likelihood of them being able to rent out the property and at least recoup some of their investment
Flag Mon Nov 11, 2013
Hi Ripper.pvr

best thing to do call any local Realtor ask them to run a comparable for you.
Web Reference: http://msjmortgage.com
Hello Ripper,
Certain areas of Weston Ranch are increasing in value faster than others. The closer you are to French Camp Rd the better value you will receive. Would you like to schedule a time for me to do a walk through to pinpoint the home's value price? I am at your service! You can text, call or email me when you are ready to begin your home selling process.
David Cardoza
Homes-In-NorCal.com, Inc.
209.601.9085
3439 Brookside Rd, Suite 204
Stockton, CA 95219
DRE #01470377
dcardoza@Homes-in-NorCal.com
Contact a local broker and have them run comps for you to see what your property is worth.
I have many active listings in this area and interested buyers as well. Most of the homes i have listed have sold over list price. I was born and raised in Stockton and am a local Broker. Feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Janet Ramirez
Real Estate Broker/Notary
Integrity Real Estate Center, Inc.
2815 N California St
Stockton, Ca. 95204
209 598 1502. Mobile
209 472 0389. Office
209 472 0392. Fax
Asst: integritycoordinator@live.com
http://janetramirez.metrolistpro.com
http://www.janetramirez.net
That is a great question. You should have an experienced agent come take a look and based on the amenities of your property, an appropriate timeline could possibly be estimated. We are in a seller's market so it is a great time to take the initiative.

I am happy to help with a free evaluation if you like.

Joseph Smith, Realtor®
5713 N. Pershing Avenue Suite E
Stockton, CA 95207
DRE License # 01427426
PRIMARY: Cell (209) 969-4498 (text OK)
I suggest you meet with a local full time broker. Prices have gone up in most areas. The price your home will sell for has many variables and the Broker would need to see it in person to give you a fair marketing prices and potential sale price.
It may take a bit longer to get the price per square foot you desire. While a few homes have sold at that value in the last month the average is still well below that and those homes are around 1500 square feet in size. The average for the past month is 102.42 per square foot. The average for the past three months was 98.57, so it is improving. Unless your home is around 1500 square feet an immaculate, I would recommend waiting a few months. Home values are expected to continue to increase for the next while. If you would like some additional market date, give me a call at 209-955-5529 or email me at bhull@gogrupe.com. Thank you. Bill
Right now is a good time , sales up almost 8% in August.

Let me know if you would like to sell it quick.

Jain Rishab
RE/MAX Active Realty.
Short Sale And Foreclosure Resource
Phone: (510) 676-4770
Email:korerealty1@gmail.com
Dear Ripper,
This is a very active time for the Real Estate Market. interest rates remain low and there are few properties on the market to choose from. I recommend that you contact a Weston Ranch Realtor to discuss your options.
Hello! Real estate prices are going up! Call, text, or email me for complimentary market consolation and to discuss your options. I am an independent, full-time, real estate broker in Stockton.

Thanks!

Wilfredo Urbina-Realtor/Broker/Notary Public
Urbina Properties
BRE#01911190
Notary Public Commission#2029004
209-275-4192 Cell
urbinaproperties@gmail.com
facebook/urbinaproperties
HABLO ESPANOL
The answer to your question depends on numerous variables, including market comps, condition of your home, market trends, inventory levels and so on.

My best advice is to invite in 3 local Realtors who specialize in your neighborhood. Each one will bring you some information that will help you to make an informed choice.

Best of luck.

Cindy Davis, Broker
SD Home Source Realty
Phone: (619) 379-8616
Email: cindydavishomes@gmail.com
Web: http://www.1sandiegohomesales.com
CA DRE #01363537